President arrives in Kerala on three-day visitAugust 29th, 2011 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 29 (IANS) President Pratibha Devisingh Patil arrived in Kerala Monday evening on a three-day state visit.
She was received at the airport here by Governor R.S. Gavai, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy and other top officials.
Soon after her arrival on a special aircraft, she boarded a special helicopter for Kollam, where she would stay till Tuesday at the newly-opened seven-star hotel, ‘The Raviz’ owned by Keralite businessman Ravi Pillai, who has settled in the Middle-East.
From Kollam, she will go to Kottayam by helicopter to inaugurate the centenary celebrations of Kottayam Archdiocese at Kottayam and then return to witness the first-ever President’s Trophy Boat Race to be held on the Ashtamudi Lake.
Patil will Wednesday morning return to the state capital to participate in a function of the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) before returning to Delhi.
- All set for first edition of President's Trophy Boat Race - Aug 28, 2011
- President's chopper develops snag in Kerala - Aug 31, 2011
- Jailed Kerala leader to skip assembly polls - Mar 23, 2011
- Kerala mulls new bank and university for NRKs - Dec 30, 2011
- Now 'Kumarakom musings' for president - Aug 12, 2010
- Kerala legislators seek blessings before cabinet innings - May 18, 2011
- Happy Italians are being treated well: Mistura - Feb 23, 2012
- Chandy seeks immediate reduction in Middle East airfares - Jun 10, 2012
- Monday could bring the blues for Chandy - Mar 12, 2011
- 'No joint examination of weapons seized from Italian ship' - Feb 29, 2012
- First phase of Smart City Kochi project to be commissioned soon - Jun 23, 2011
- Kerala orders CBI probe into attack on teacher - Nov 02, 2011
- Clashes at Kerala-Tamil Nadu border post over Mullaperiyar - Dec 06, 2011
- Two Kerala builders surrender, sent to judicial custody - Jun 18, 2011
- Chandy seeks waiver for quick launch of Air Kerala - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: boat race, businessman, centenary celebrations, chandy, chief minister, helicopter, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, kerala, kollam, middle east, national open university, pillai, pratibha devisingh patil, star hotel, trophy boat, wednesday morning