President arrives in Jammu to inaugurate university campusMay 26th, 2008 - 2:54 pm ICT by admin
Jammu, May 26 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil arrived here Monday on the final leg of her five day visit to Jammu and Kashmir. She is expected to inaugurate a new campus of the Jammu University and visit the famous Hindu shrine of Vaishno Devi. The president arrived in Jammu, which is under a thick blanket of security, from Kashmir, where she had spent three days.
During her stay in the Kashmir valley, she visited the army’s forward posts in Tangdhar and Uri, addressed troops in Baramullah, and spent the weekend in Gulmarg.
Patil is likely to fly to Bhaderwah where she will inaugurate a campus of Jammu University. She was to visit the town Sunday but the trip was postponed due to bad weather, according to officials.
On Monday afternoon, Patil will address the convocation of the Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agriculture Sciences and Technology (SKUAST) at Zorawar Singh Auditorium, which is within the Jammu University campus.
Sources said the president is scheduled to visit Vaishno Devi Tuesday before leaving for Chandigarh on her way to Himachal Pradesh.
- President arriving in Jammu - Nov 24, 2011
- President begins Jammu visit (Lead) - Nov 24, 2011
- President to visit Kashmir - Nov 05, 2011
- Need to produce innovators, entrepreneurs, says president - Nov 25, 2011
- PM in Jammu for daylong visit - Mar 04, 2011
- Manmohan Singh to visit Jammu Friday - Mar 03, 2011
- PM to visit Jammu March 5 - Feb 07, 2011
- Manmohan Singh says India wants to resolve all issues with Pakistan - Mar 04, 2011
- President visits Vaishno Devi shrine, ends Kashmir visit - Nov 26, 2011
- PM visiting Jammu and Kashmir Friday - Mar 04, 2011
- PM to visit Kashmir to announce jobs package for youth - Mar 03, 2011
- Patil wishes peace, prosperity for Kashmir; concludes visit (Lead) - May 27, 2008
- Restrictions to prevent violence ahead of PM's Kashmir visit - Jun 07, 2010
- PM begins two-day visit to Kashmir (Lead) - Jun 07, 2010
- President begins four-day Jammu and Kashmir visit Friday - May 23, 2008