Preity is open to experimentation: DesignerSeptember 26th, 2011 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 26 (IANS) Preity Zinta’s international look in the chat show “Up Close & Personal with PZ” on UTV Stars has fetched applause. Surily Goel, the designer behind the new look, says the bubbly and vivacious actress is always open to suggestions and experimentation.
“We wanted to give her a glamorous, international yet classy and comfortable style so that she can easily move around. You must have seen she moves around a lot in the show.
“We have been sourcing dresses for her from all international houses like Alexander McQueen, Stella McCartney and many more,” Goel told IANS in an interview from Mumbai. She had also styled Preity’s look for the TV show “Guinness World Records”, said Goel.
On the chat show, Preity, 36, has so far interviewed actors like Salman Khan, Farhan Akhtar and Hrithik Roshan. She has donned dresses as well as casual jeans with a shimmery top.
Goel went for subtle colours because she felt it went well with the loud settings of the set.
“If you would have noticed, the sets are already bright and colourful. So to match her look with the ambiance, we toned town the colour of her clothes. Focus on comfortable silhouettes was always our priority,” she said.
Goel and Preity’s friendship dates back to “Salaam Namaste” and the designer likes the actress’ openness to suggestions and experimentations. Preity has been seen sporting fringes, curly hair, poker-straight hair and even a bob cut in movies.
“The best thing about Preity is that she hasn’t changed over all these years. She is still a bubbly girl with an excellent sense of humour,” said Goel, who worked as a stylist for the movies “Blue” and “Saawariya”.
“She is someone who is always open to suggestions and is keen to experiment with her looks. You will hardly see her making any fashion faux pas. She knows her strengths and her sense of styling is very chic and comfortable,” she added.
In fact Goel started her stint in Bollywood with Preity’s 2005 hit romantic comedy “Salaam Namaste” and followed it with “Jaan-E-Mann” in 2006. Ever since, the two share a personal rapport that goes beyond Bollywood glitz and glamour.
“The only thing that has changed about her is the body frame. For ‘Veer Zara’ she had to put on weight, while for ‘Salaam Namaste’ she had to lose it all to look chic and sexy. And from then onwards she has always looked better,” said Goel, who launched her label - Surily - in 2003.
“We have a personal rapport. I understand her dressing style and everything falls in place after that,” she added.
Of late the Mumbai-based designer has been keeping a low profile and not participating in fashion weeks but is not complaining as her kitty is already full with personal clients and TV assignments.
“If you are good, you will always be busy. And, mind you, getting associated with a Bollywood celebrity is a shorter and quicker route, but at the end of the day it’s your work that matters,” she said.
- 'Ishkq In Paris' important for Preity and me: Designer (With Images) - Sep 05, 2012
- Piggy Chops is excited, but scared! (Movie Snippets) - Sep 06, 2012
- Surily Goel fashion show displays western wear in Mumbai - Sep 04, 2010
- Rani Mukerji And Preity Zinta Exchange Get-Up And Attitude! - Jan 31, 2011
- Summer corporate wear? Try Peter Pan collar or shirtdress (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- Richa Chaddha to shoot for 'Ram Leela'? (Movie Snippets) - Sep 04, 2012
- Mom-to-be, that maxi dress is for you (With Images) - May 05, 2011
- Gaga greets India with tricolour hairdo - Oct 28, 2011
- Preity Zinta Gets A Sporty Costume For a Sporting Show - Jan 28, 2011
- Anushka, Arjun walk ramp in New Delhi - Aug 22, 2010
- Fashion forward for Bollywood with 'Aisha' (With Images) - Jul 15, 2010
- Preity Zinta to don sporty look for small screen debut - Jan 27, 2011
- Who says short girls can't flaunt gowns? (With Images) - Jun 06, 2012
- Indian designer's fashion tips for Britney Spears - Sep 13, 2012
- Mix of colours, contrast and bling at WIFW - Oct 09, 2011
Tags: alexander mcqueen, casual jeans, curly hair, farhan akhtar, fringes, guinness world records, hrithik roshan, international houses, open to suggestions, openness, preity zinta, pz, salman khan, sense of humour, silhouettes, stella mccartney, stint, straight hair, subtle colours, surily goel