Preity brushing up French for ‘Ishq In Paris’: DirectorJuly 7th, 2011 - 2:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 7 (IANS) Director Prem Soni says that by the time the shooting of “Ishq In Paris” starts, lead actress Preity Zinta would have got her French absolutely right. He also says that in spite of the costs involved, there was no other city he would have shot the film in.
“Ishq In Paris”, an Indo-French project, is Preity’s first production venture and she plays a half-Indian half-French girl who falls in love in one of the most expensive cities in the world to shoot in.
“From the start, we were very sure that Preity would get her French absolutely right with the correct accent and pronunciation. We did not want to dub her French dialogues. By the time we start shooting, I am dead sure Preity will know as much French as any native and speak the language fluently enough to pass off as a Frenchwoman,” said Soni.
He thinks there’s something distinctly French about Preity’s looks and added: “So many people have commented on how French she looks. I couldn’t have cast anyone else in the role.”
So expensive is Paris to shoot in that Sanjay Gadhvi had to shelve his Katrina Kaif-Imran Khan romance “7 Days In Paris” due to the costs involved.
“I’m aware of this. But for ‘Ishq In Paris’, it was always Paris or nothing. I couldn’t locate this love story anywhere else. I started writing the script two years ago. From the start I was sure it had to be Paris or nothing,” says the director who spent his formative years in Spain.
Though the director doesn’t want to reveal this, there will apparently be two different versions of the film - one for the Indian and the other for the international market.
- Preity shoots 'Ishq In Paris' in minus 21 degrees - Feb 28, 2012
- Farhan to grow beard for 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' (Movie Snippets) - Dec 10, 2011
- Preity requests fans not to leak 'Ishq In Paris' photos - Feb 15, 2012
- Now Preity shoots at Eiffel Tower (Movie Snippets) - Feb 29, 2012
- Preity Zinta turns babysitter! (Movie Snippets) - Jul 21, 2011
- 'Ishkq In Paris' toughest film for Preity - Sep 12, 2012
- 'Barfi!' selected for Busan fest (Movie Snippets)( With Image) - Sep 02, 2012
- Can't think 'Mr.India 2' without Amrish Puri: Shekhar Kapur (Movie Snippets) - Jun 23, 2012
- Big B admires Preity's guts, drive - Jun 20, 2012
- Director Woody Allen defends the French First Lady Carla Bruni - Sep 14, 2010
- Preity's performance woes - Apr 05, 2012
- Hats off to actors who work with newcomers: Preity Zinta - Sep 08, 2012
- 'Bandit Queen' would have not been possible without Mala: Shekhar Kapur - May 24, 2011
- Preity finds her junior version (Movie Snippets) - Jun 28, 2012
- 'Ishkq In Paris' important for Preity and me: Designer (With Images) - Sep 05, 2012
Tags: accent, actress, dialogues, formative years, french girl, french project, imran khan, indo, ishq, katrina kaif, love story, mumbai, paris, preity zinta, pronunciation, romance, sanjay gadhvi, soni, spite, writing the script