Pregnant woman prisoner chained, probe orderedAugust 5th, 2008 - 11:37 pm ICT by IANS
Ambala, Aug 5 (IANS) The Haryana police Tuesday ordered a probe after a pregnant woman under-trial prisoner was chained by jail authorities in the prisoners’ ward of the Ambala civil hospital. Ambala district police chief S. Kabiraj ordered the probe after the matter was brought to the notice of senior police officials here.
The woman, Madhu, 28, who is three months pregnant, was arrested from Delhi Aug 1 by the Ambala police after she was accused of kidnapping a minor girl, Ruby. The girl was recovered from her possession when the police traced her.
She was remanded in judicial custody by a court here for 14 days.
Madhu was brought to the civil hospital after she complained of stomach ache. She alleged she had been beaten up by other women inmates in the central jail here.
Jail superintendent S.P.S. Chauhan denied her allegations.
- Betrayed in love, undertrial hangs himself in jail - Apr 27, 2012
- Haryana ex-top cop goes underground - Jun 17, 2010
- Arrested for murder, Bihar girl raped in custody - Aug 24, 2011
- Bengal hospital gets clean chit in patient denial case - Jan 15, 2012
- Another Haryana top cop charged with molestation - Jun 09, 2010
- Hearing on Haryana cop's anticipatory bail plea adjourned - Jun 14, 2010
- Police clueless about Haryana ex-top cop's whereabouts - Jun 19, 2010
- Punjab jail riot leaves one dead - Nov 21, 2011
- Ruchika molestation case: Supreme Court grants bail to former Haryana DGP Rathore - Nov 11, 2010
- Probe ordered into Jagir Kaur's VIP treatment in jail - Apr 03, 2012
- CBI has shielded Rathore, alleges Ruchika's father - Nov 11, 2010
- CBI probe sought into Odisha gangrape - Jan 30, 2012
- Three held in Bengal for forcing woman to foetus sex test - Aug 07, 2012
- Tihar jail to probe 'extra liberty' given to Kalmadi (Lead) - Jul 02, 2011
- Ruchika case: Punjab and Haryana High Court seeks details of Rathore's promotion - Nov 17, 2010