Pregnant woman dies after being hit by car in DelhiMay 26th, 2012 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 26 (IANS) A 28-year-old pregnant woman died Saturday after a speeding car hit her in south Delhi, police said.
The accident occurred outside the main gate of the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) around 9.30 a.m.
The I-10 car hit Shanti as its driver lost his control while trying to save hitting a boy, said police.
Shanti, who was standing with her husband Manoj, was taken to AIIMS Trauma centre where she succumbed to her injuries.
Police said that they have taken her statement before she died and lodged a case against the unidentified driver for rash and negligent driving and causing death by negligence.
- Class 2 student killed in road accident - Dec 04, 2011
- Three killed in road accidents - Feb 06, 2012
- Speeding car kills two pavement sleepers - Jun 17, 2011
- Two men killed in freak Delhi accident (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012
- Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi, one held (Second Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Two men die in freak Delhi accident (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- 70-year-old run over by Arbaaz Khan's car - Jul 02, 2012
- Rash driving again: Two killed in Delhi, one held (Lead) - Feb 20, 2012
- Four killed in Rajasthan bus accident - Apr 28, 2012
- Two killed in accident - Mar 14, 2012
- 11-year-old disabled girl gets Rs.8 lakh compensation - Jun 08, 2011
- Three hurt as speeding car hits bike in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- 70-year-old run over by Arbaaz Khan's car (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012