Preeja wins gold in 10,000m at National Open AthleticsSeptember 10th, 2011 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 10 (IANS) Asian Games gold medal winning sprinter Preeja Sreedharan won the 10,000-metre women’s race at the 51st National Open Athletics here Saturday.
Preeja, representing the Railways, clocked an ordinary 35:56.09. Kavita Raut (35:56.13) won the silver medal for ONGC while L. Surya (36:09.00), representing the Railways, settled for bronze.
In the men’s 10,000 metres final, ONGC’s Suresh Kumar clocked 30:18.16 to win the gold medal. He was followed by Kheta Ram of SSCB (30:24.36) and Soji Mathew of the Railways (30:43.39).
Services Sports Control Board (SSCB) clinched the first two places in discus throw with Vipender Singh (50.52m) bagging the gold medal and Dharamraj (50.31) the silver. Sunil Kumar of the Railways finished third. (49.27m).
- Kavita Raut wins gold with record timing - Feb 21, 2011
- Asian athletics: Mayookha leaps to gold, silver for Gowda - Jul 07, 2011
- Asian Games athletics: Relay team gives gold, Preeja silver (Roundup) - Nov 26, 2010
- Asian Games: Gold for Preeja, silver for Kavita in women's 10,000m - Nov 21, 2010
- Cheers break out at Preeja's home - Nov 21, 2010
- Asian Games athletics: India's Preeja, Kavita clinch silver, bronze - Nov 26, 2010
- CWG athletics: Kavita wins historic bronze for India (Lead) - Oct 09, 2010
- Preeja Sreedharan helps India win fourth gold at Asian games - Nov 21, 2010
- Olympic rowing: Britain wins gold in lightweight women's double sculls - Aug 04, 2012
- Asian Games: Four golds take India's tally to 14 (Roundup) - Nov 26, 2010
- Are Indians good enough to take on the world? (Asian Games Review) - Nov 28, 2010
- Asian Games: Three gold medals lift India to eighth spot (Evening Roundup) - Nov 21, 2010
- A year to cherish for India's athletes (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2010
- Asian Games athletics: Indian campaign starts with two golds, a silver (Lead) - Nov 21, 2010
- Asian Games: India's gold tally rises to 13 (Evening Lead) - Nov 26, 2010