Prayer meet at Rajghat for Anna’s recoveryJanuary 1st, 2012 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 1 (IANS) A prayer meeting was organised by India Against Corruption (IAC) volunteers at Mahatma Gandhi’s memorial Rajghat here Sunday for the speedy recovery of ailing Anna Hazare.
The prayer meeting was held between 2-4 p.m., said a member of the IAC.
Team Anna member Kiran Bedi, who participated in the prayer meeting, said: “A spiritual start to the year at Rajghat by joining IAC volunteers in prayer for Anna’s health and resolve to make Jan Lokpal bill happen.”
Gujarat Chief Minister Naredra Modi also prayed for Hazare’s health. “Praying for the good health of Anna Hazare ji. Hope he gets well soon,” Modi said on micro-blogging site Twitter.
The 74-year-old anti-corruption crusader, ailing for the past couple of weeks, was Sunday admitted to a private hospital in Pune for chest infection.
He is stable after treatment and feeling better, his aides said.
Owing to Hazare’s ill health, a crucial Team Anna core committee meet slated for Monday and Tuesday at his Ralegan Siddhi village in Maharashtra, has been postponed.
Hazare called off his three-day hunger strike, which started Tuesday in Mumbai for a strong Lokpal, a day earlier Wednesday.
- No differences with IAC, we work together: Hazare's old aides - Jan 09, 2012
- Hazare might be admitted to Pune hospital: Associate - Dec 31, 2011
- Hazare leaves for Ralegan Siddhi - Dec 29, 2011
- Hazare hospitalised for chest infection, stable (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Hazare advised week's rest - Dec 29, 2011
- Gherao MPs opposing Jan Lokpal: Hazare - Sep 10, 2011
- Two Team Anna members quit, Bedi denies cracks (Roundup) - Oct 18, 2011
- Anna unwell, team meeting postponed - Dec 31, 2011
- 'We are united', reiterates Team Anna; visits Hazare (Lead) - Oct 30, 2011
- Ralegan-Siddhi villagers back Hazare - Jul 29, 2012
- Anna Hazare may make it to 'Time' cover soon - Nov 26, 2011
- 100 arrested in Mumbai for protesting Anna's detention (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Hazare flays arrest of Gujarat top cop Sanjiv Bhatt - Oct 04, 2011
- Anna unwell, core committee meeting postponed (Lead, Changing dateline) - Dec 31, 2011
- Team Anna writes to PM ahead of Mumbai fast (Intro Roundup) - Dec 25, 2011
Tags: aides, anna hazare, chest infection, chief minister, core committee, corruption, crusader, good health, gujarat, hunger strike, ill health, kiran bedi, maharashtra, mahatma gandhi, New Delhi, prayer meeting, private hospital, pune, rajghat, speedy recovery