Prayer held for Osama in Kolkata mosqueMay 6th, 2011 - 11:11 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 6 (IANS) A special Friday prayer for the “peace” of Osama bin Laden’s soul was held Friday at the Tipu Sultan mosque here.
The prayer was presided over by the Shahi Imam of Tipu Sultan mosque, Maulana Barkati.
“Osama was a terrorist and this was the end he deserved,” said Aziz Mubarki, media adviser of the Shahi Imam.
“But what we are trying to say is that he deserved at least proper last rites according to Muslim rituals. That’s why we decided to do a special prayer for him so that his soul rests in peace,” said Mubarki.
Osama was shot dead by US commandos who stormed his hideout in Abbottabad city May 2. Later, the slain Al Qaeda leader was buried at sea.
- Special prayers offered for Osama in Chennai - May 06, 2011
- Geelani to lead funeral prayers for Osama in Kashmir - May 06, 2011
- Top Muslim clerics bat for Mamata - Apr 04, 2011
- Apologise for security lapse on Osama: MQM chief - May 04, 2011
- Osama had just moved to bedroom when raid took place: Wife - May 07, 2011
- Lakhs throng Deoband for prayers led by Saudi cleric - Mar 25, 2011
- Osama's burial at sea offended Muslim sensibility: Geelani (Lead) - May 06, 2011
- Al Qaeda confirms Osama's death - May 06, 2011
- Pakistan set to demolish Osama's hideout? - Feb 26, 2012
- Islamic clerics hail Osama killing - May 02, 2011
- Pakistani security personnel attacked near 'Osama town' - Feb 23, 2012
- Muslim cleric slams Anna's campaign - Aug 23, 2011
- Osama's compound in Pakistan razed - Feb 26, 2012
- Osama had lived for some time in village near Abbottabad - May 07, 2011
- Al Qaeda had planned major attacks in Pakistan: CIA - Apr 27, 2012