Pranab to campaign in Odisha July 11July 1st, 2012 - 2:06 pm ICT by IANS
Bhubaneswar, July 1 (IANS) UPA candidate Pranab Mukherjee will visit Odisha July 11 to campaign in the state for the presidential election, the Congress said Sunday.
The former finance minister will meet Congress legislators and MPs and seek their support.
The Congress has 27 members in the 147-member assembly. It claims to have the support of two independents. The party has six members in Lok Sabha and one in the Rajya Sabha.
Orissa’s ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) is one of the main supporters of Mukherjee’s rival, former Lok Sabha speaker P.A. Sangma.
- Pranab in Odisha to seek support - Jul 11, 2012
- Sangma to campaign in Odisha July 15 - Jul 06, 2012
- Sangma arrives in Odisha to seek support - Jul 15, 2012
- Pranab hopeful of Mamata's support (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Naveen Patnaik is Sangma's proposer for president's poll (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Patnaik leaves for Delhi to back Sangma - Jun 27, 2012
- Patnaik accuses Pranab of buying support - Jul 02, 2012
- Presidential election: Sangma's son meets Patnaik - Jun 26, 2012
- People taking interest in presidential poll: Sangma (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- GJM to go with Trinamool on presidential poll - Jun 28, 2012
- Sangma seeks support, not many takers (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Sangma is candidate of communal forces: NCP (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Syndicate could turn tables on Pranab: Sangma (Interview) - Jul 11, 2012
- Meghalaya CM urges coalition partners not to support Sangma - Jul 06, 2012
- Pranab will win, claims UPA - Jul 17, 2012