Pranab telephones Buddhadeb for support in presidential pollsJune 14th, 2012 - 4:26 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, June 14 (IANS) Union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Thursday telephoned Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) politburo member Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee and sought the support of Left parties for the Congress’ presidential candidate.
A CPI-M source said Mukherjee’s call came Thursday morning, a day after Congress ally Trinamool Congress and Samajwadi Party apparently nixed his candidature for the country’s highest office.
“Buddhadeb babu assured Pranab Mukherjee that he would discuss the matter in the party forum,” the source said.
- Trinamool hits out at alleged Congress-Marxist axis - Jun 21, 2012
- CPI-M meet on president poll Thursday - Jun 20, 2012
- Pranab calls Tripura CM for Left support - Jun 16, 2012
- Would desperate Mamata be able to save face in another battle? (West Bengal newsletter) - Jul 14, 2012
- CPI-M, Forward Bloc to back Pranab, CPI, RSP to skip poll (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- CPI-M trying to create rift between Congress, Trinamool: Mamata - Jun 30, 2012
- Trinamool's votes not needed in presidential poll: Congress - Jul 06, 2012
- GJM to go with Trinamool on presidential poll - Jun 28, 2012
- Buddhadeb lashes out at Mamata for campus violence - Jan 13, 2012
- It's Buddha versus Mamata again in Bengal - Feb 29, 2012
- Buddhadeb skips CPI-M meet - Apr 03, 2012
- Congress-Trinamool rift decided our stand: Karat - Jun 25, 2012
- Campaign ends for third phase of Bengal polls - Apr 25, 2011
- Congress should answer why allies named Manmohan: Left - Jun 14, 2012
- Left parties to discuss stand over presidential poll - Jun 21, 2012
Tags: ally, bhattacharjee, candidature, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, congress, CPI, june 14, left parties, party forum, politburo member, pranab mukherjee, presidential candidate, presidential polls, Samajwadi Party, telephones, thursday morning, union finance minister