Prakash Jha to contest LS poll from Bettiah in BiharFebruary 10th, 2009 - 8:29 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Feb 10 (IANS) Film producer Prakash Jha, who is here shooting his film ‘Rajneeti’, Tuesday said he would contest the Lok Sabha elections from Bettiah constituency in West Champaran district of Bihar.
Talking to reporters, Jha said this time he would not contest as an independent candidate but in all probability for some political party.
“I contested the previous Lok Sabha elections as an independent candidate but now I will be in fray as a candidate of some political party,” he said.
On which party he would contest from, Jha said that he enjoyed good relations with everyone in Bihar, be it Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad, Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) supremo Ram Vilas Paswan, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar as well as Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)’s L.K. Advani and it is yet to be decided for which party he would contest.
“I am in constant touch with my people in Bihar for the past five years and regularly serving them. As such, the party for which I contest is immaterial. However, it is certain that I will contest for that party which will talk about development and serving people in the real sense”, he said.
Jha also denied that the role played by Katrina Kaif in his ‘Rajneeti’ had anything to do with Congress president Sonia Gandhi. “It has nothing to do with either the life or political career of Sonia Gandhi”, he said.
- Poll panel should organise debates between leaders: Advani - Oct 29, 2010
- Bihar polls: Test of governance, rule of law in phase three - Oct 27, 2010
- Bihar polls: Voting under way for third phase (Second Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- 'Raajneeti' is my most complete film: Prakash Jha - Apr 04, 2010
- Prakash Jha arrested for distributing money, released - Apr 22, 2009
- Police to file chargesheet against filmmaker Prakash Jha - Sep 10, 2009
- Lalu Yadav announces second list of RJD's candidates for Bihar polls - Oct 04, 2010
- Paswan's party colleague Sabir Ali joins JD-U - Nov 08, 2011
- Ticket delay worries thousands of Bihar poll aspirants - Sep 25, 2010
- India to elect new president Thursday (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Third phase of Bihar polls end with 53 percent voting (Evening Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- In Bihar, 30,000 aspirants for assembly polls - Sep 19, 2010
- I won't join UPA: Paswan - Jul 07, 2010
- Ansari files nomination for vice president (Second lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Race for Raisina Hill on, Pranab, Sangma file nominations (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2012