Prakash Jha takes his ‘Rajniti’ to BhopalJanuary 22nd, 2009 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Jan 22 (IANS) Bollywood director Prakash Jha is set to shoot his next political drama “Rajniti” that blends contemporary Indian politics with chapters from the epic ‘Mahabharata’ here from Jan 28.Moving away from his favourite shooting spot, Satara in Maharashtra, the director will be stationed here till March end.
Jha has accumulated a formidable cast of actors for “Rajniti”. While Ajay Devgan, who was in his earlier films - “GangaaJal” and “Apaharan”, will play a modern day Karna, Nana Patekar is roped in to play Lord Krishna.
Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, Arjun Rampal, Vivek Oberoi and Manoj Bajpai will be seen in different roles in the political drama.
After “Ek Vivah Aisa Bhi” of Rajshri Productions, “Rajniti” is the second major Bollywood film to be shot here.
Jha has obtained permission from Bhopal Municipal Corporation and the district administration to shoot the film.
He has selected 20 places in the city to shoot the film. While the main set is being brought up in Kotra Sultanabad, other locations include village Bishan Khedi, Motiya Talab, Kaliasot Dam Temple, Iqbal Maidan, Bhadbhada Bridge Road and areas surrounding historical Moti Masjid.
- Retrospective on Prakash Jha's work starts in Fiji Aug 18 - Aug 16, 2010
- Shooting of Bollywood flick ''Rajniti'' underway in Bhopal - Feb 10, 2009
- Scenic locales, gas tragedy pull Bollywood to Bhopal - Dec 17, 2010
- Audience wants entertainment, not education: Ajay Devgn - Jun 22, 2012
- Working in India changed my approach towards music: Wayne Sharpe (Interview) (With Image) - Jul 31, 2011
- 'Raajneeti' running houseful at a Fiji film fest - Aug 19, 2010
- A woman director faces many biases: 'Turning 30' filmmaker - Dec 15, 2010
- After 'Rajneeti', Prakash Jha Has A Subject Ready For His Next Film - Jun 04, 2010
- Prakash Jha launches TV channel, says it'll be voice of Bihar - Jul 19, 2009
- Wayne Sharpe first American to do 'Vande Mataram' version - Mar 19, 2010
- "To Play The Indian National Song In My Own Way Was A Bit Dangerous For Me, Because It Could Have Become A Kiss Of Death, Had It Not Been Properly Executed In The Right Spirit"- Wayne Sharpe - Jun 18, 2010
- 'Raajneeti' a taut drama of political nemesis (IANS Film Review;Rating:***) - Jun 05, 2010
- Ranbir's co-star Sarah Thompson moving to Bollywood - Jun 12, 2010
- Nana Patekar to play Lord Krishna in 'Rajniti' - May 10, 2008
- 'Raajneeti' has coffers ringing with political winner - Jun 09, 2010