Prahlada to now head defence instituteAugust 11th, 2011 - 9:02 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 11 (IANS) Prahlada, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) chief controller, has taken over as vice chancellor of the Pune-based Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), a deemed university, the DRDO said Thursday.
Prahlada, a missile scientist who worked on India’s surface-to-air weapons system Akash, has put in more than 40 years in the DRDO.
DIAT is an autonomous organisation but fully funded by DRDO. Defence Minister A.K. Antony is the chairman of its governing council and DRDO chief V.K. Saraswat its secretary.
- PM briefed about Agni-V, India's future missile programme - Apr 21, 2012
- India to test 5,000-km intercontinental ballistic missile by year-end - Jun 03, 2011
- Akash missile to be inducted to counter China - Mar 01, 2012
- Defence technologies transferred to India not the best: Antony (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- India creates history, tests 5,000 km Agni-V missile (Second Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- India successfully tests Prahaar short range missile (Fourth Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
- Agni-V test likely in a month - Feb 28, 2012
- India to develop new aerospace products for security needs - Feb 07, 2011
- 5,000-km Agni-V missile propels India into elite club (Afternoon Lead) - Apr 19, 2012
- Army chief row: DRDO chief calls for 'cautious approach' - Mar 31, 2012
- Agni-V test in a fortnight: DRDO chief - Mar 31, 2012
- India not in arms race: DRDO chief - Nov 16, 2011
- India clears $660 mn deal for artillery guns (Lead) - May 11, 2012
- No cap on Agni missile project: India - Apr 20, 2012
- Now, DRDO chief defends Tatra trucks - Mar 31, 2012