Pragya being falsely implicated: Gujarat BJPOctober 27th, 2008 - 4:50 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, Oct 27 (IANS) Pragya Singh Thakur, a Hindu monk arrested for last month’s bomb blasts in Gujarat and Maharashtra, is being falsely implicated, Gujarat Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Purushottam Rupala said Monday.”Linking Hindu culture with terrorism is wrong and the Congress is making such wrong statements,” Rupala told IANS here.
“Calumny is being heaped on Sadhvi Pragya. The Congress and secularists are falsely implicating the Hindu sadhvi. The whole world knows about the evil machinations of the Congress and it seems only you (media) do not know about it.”
Pragya Singh Thakur, also known as Sadhvi Purnachetananandgiri, and two others were arrested last week by the Anti-Terrorist Squad of the Maharashtra police on the charge of masterminding the Sep 29 low-intensity blasts in Modasa in north Gujarat and Malegaon in Maharashtra.
Her family is based in Surat in south Gujarat.
Gujarat BJP spokesperson I.K. Jadeja said: “Our national level leadership has stated in no uncertain terms that Sadhi Pragya has no links with BJP.”
Replying to Congress MP Madhusudan Mistry’s charge that he had given the names of the Modasa blast suspects to the Gujarat police but police did nothing, Jadeja said it was unfair to hurl such accusations.
“The Gujarat government is trying to get to the root of all this and the police are committed to hunting down the perpetrators of this barbaric action,” he said.
“If any member of the BJP is involved in such heinous acts, the party strongly condemns such actions and the BJP will have nothing to do with such persons,” Jadeja said.
- Arrests of 'Hindu terrorists' embarasses BJP - Oct 28, 2008
- I stand by my remarks on Karkare: Digvijay Singh - Dec 14, 2010
- Pragya Thakur arrested in Madhya Pradesh murder case - Feb 26, 2011
- Pragya Thakur brought to court in ambulance - Apr 25, 2011
- Apex court reserves verdict on Pragya Thakur's bail plea (Lead) - Sep 02, 2011
- Mumbai jail's women inmates go on hunger strike - Dec 26, 2011
- Apex court dismisses Sadhvi Pragya's bail plea (Lead) - Sep 23, 2011
- Notice to Maharashtra on Pragya Singh's bail plea - Aug 30, 2010
- Malegaon blast accused to contest Uttar Pradesh polls - Jan 23, 2012
- BJP seeks fair probe against Pragya - Oct 29, 2008
- Maharashtra ATS arrest Mutalik in Malegaon blast case - Feb 01, 2011
- Sadhvi Pragya arrested in Sunil Joshi murder case - Feb 26, 2011
- Central agency to take over Gujarat blast probe - Jun 24, 2010
- RSS admits links with Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand - Feb 02, 2011
- Bomb for bomb - Aseemanand confesses bombings to target Muslims (Lead) - Jan 07, 2011