Poverty-hit woman kills two sons, herselfJune 22nd, 2009 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 22 (IANS) A poverty-stricken woman in an Uttar Pradesh village killed her two sons before committing suicide, police said Monday.
“The incident took place today (Monday) in Karhi village in Hamirpur district, where Bati Vishwakarma (30) hacked her two sons, aged four and one, to death and later set herself afire,” district police chief Suryanath told IANS over telephone.
According to locals, Vishwakarma’s husband had left her about seven months ago following some marital problems. Since then, Vishwakarma was living with her two sons and used to work as a labourer in the village.
Police have detained Viswakarma’s husband for questioning.
Hamirpur is about 300 km from Lucknow.
- Poverty-stricken woman sells infant to pay debt - Sep 04, 2012
- Pregnant woman kills self, two children - Aug 20, 2010
- Poverty-stricken woman kills kids, self - Dec 06, 2010
- Woman kills kids before committing suicide - Aug 24, 2010
- Woman kills self, three children in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 29, 2010
- Woman immolates self, two children in Moradabad - Jun 15, 2011
- Poor woman in Bihar sells child for Rs.62, cops begin probe - Jul 15, 2012
- Woman sets self, children afire - May 04, 2010
- Woman set ablaze in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 31, 2011
- Woman immolates self, kids - Sep 29, 2010
- Bihar woman missing after selling child for Rs.62 - Jul 16, 2012
- Woman kills self, two children - Jul 09, 2010
- Woman poisons self, four kids; three die - Jul 11, 2011
- Woman sets herself on fire in Delhi - Apr 30, 2012
- Six of family consume poison, four dead - Aug 21, 2010