Poverty forces man to dump wife’s bodyJanuary 23rd, 2012 - 10:39 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Jan 23 (IANS) Police are looking for a man who left the body of his wife at their rented house and disappeared as he did not have money to perform the last rites.
Police said Monday that Geeta Devi, 80, and her husband Ashok Kumar had been living in the city’s Bhrampuri area for 10 months.
“She died of old age (Sunday) evening,” a police officer told IANS.
The landlord informed the police that Ashok disappeared after her death.
“An auto driver conveyed the man’s message to the landlord that he did not have enough money to perform the final rituals,” said the officer.
The landlord went to the couple’s room and found the body on the bed.
The police have put the body at the mortuary of SMS Hospital and launched a search for the missing husband.
“The couple did not have much at the rented accommodation. We did not find anything except for some clothes and utensils,” said the officer.
- Eloped couple found dead in Kanpur - Apr 17, 2012
- Second case of rats mutilation in Rajasthan - Jan 14, 2012
- CBI to probe Rajasthan nurse's disappearance - Sep 15, 2011
- Rajasthan woman sells son for Rs.40,000, held - Aug 09, 2012
- Australian tourist found dead in Jaipur hotel - Dec 15, 2011
- Man kills mother, brother for money - Jun 29, 2012
- Man kills wife, two daughters - Jul 06, 2012
- Man stabs his sister on suspicion of witchcraft - Oct 01, 2011
- Three monks killed in Jaipur car accident - Jun 28, 2012
- Man arrested in Rajasthan for selling off wife - Aug 04, 2012
- Mother of three commits suicide - Oct 18, 2011
- Woman drowns three kids, self - Oct 25, 2011
- CBI to get missing nurse's blackmail tape tested - Nov 04, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes arrested legislator's mother - Jan 31, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Maderna shifted to Jaipur jail - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,