Post ‘Singh is Kinng’, Akshay bonds with sonSeptember 1st, 2008 - 8:53 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Sep 1 (IANS) Akshay Kumar, who recently returned rejuvenated after a holiday with wife Twinkle Khanna at Monte Carlo, spent a week exclusively with his son Aarav.”It’s full-on male-bonding time now. If all three of us had been on a holiday together, I’d have been divided between my son and wife. And both would’ve felt cheated. By dividing my holiday time into two I can give myself completely to both,” Akshay told IANS.
While Akshay was on holiday with his son, he didn’t use the phone.
“At least not when Aarav was around.”
Recently, when Akshay was on the reality show “Dus Ka Dum” with Salman Khan, the TRPs shot up to unprecedented heights. At the same time a lot has been written about Akshay’s leopard-spot T-shirt that he wore on the show.
But the actor is unperturbed.
“I’m not here to go by definitions and standards of fashion set by others. I’ve always worn what I’m comfortable in. Why should I change that just because more people are watching me now? And I saw nothing wrong with the leopard-spotted T-shirt.
“When Brad Pitt wears a similar T-shirt, everyone goes ooh and aah. I don’t want people’s approval about my clothes, but of my performances. Let me wear what I like,” said Akshay whose “Singh Is Kinng” is declared a huge hit.
The success of “Singh Is Kinng” has put an extra responsibility on Akshay’s shoulder.
“I never thought it would be so big. Now that it is such a success, I feel I’ve got more than I deserve,” said the actor who will be next seen in “Chandni Chowk to China”.
Apart from his film, the adventure show “Fear Factor” on Colors channel that Akshay is anchoring has also been a huge success. If rumours are to be believed, he is already negotiating for a second season of “Fear Factor” and that too at a much steeper fee than “Fear Factor 1″.
- Akshay Kumar's son next 'Khiladi' in making? - Dec 06, 2010
- I've been supervising Akshay's clothes, says Twinkle - Nov 17, 2010
- Topless scene made Pattinson nervous - Jul 23, 2011
- I'm ready for another innings in action: Akshay Kumar - Mar 27, 2012
- Akshay celebrates birthday with family (Movie Snippets) - Sep 10, 2012
- Akshay misses family while shooting - Apr 20, 2011
- Stewart loves casual dressing - Nov 08, 2011
- Don't want my son in films: Akshay - Mar 20, 2012
- Want to see raw action, watch 'Rowdy Rathore: Akshay - May 29, 2012
- Akki gets close to wife after Deepika goes to Delhi - Aug 01, 2009
- Timberlake loves splurging on home furnishings - Jun 19, 2011
- Akshay visits Hadimba temple for 'Action Replayy' success - Nov 04, 2010
- US gurdwara gunman sported 9/11 tattoo - Aug 06, 2012
- Akshay plans holiday in Goa for Twinkle's birthday - Dec 28, 2010
- Klum wants her chidren to look cool - Jul 20, 2012