Poor ticket sales for Eden TestNovember 12th, 2011 - 12:03 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Nov 11 (IANS) Eden Gardens, known the world over for its large and boisterous crowd during international cricket matches, is again bracing for vacant stands with only 324 season tickets sold till Friday for the Nov 14-18 India-West Indies Test.
“Ninety-eight tickets were sold on Thursday. 226 tickets have been sold today (Friday),” said Cricket Association of Bengal treasurer Subir Ganguly.
Giving details, he said of the Rs.500 tickets, only 116 were sold. “Sixty-one tickets of Rs.1,000 denomination and 49 tickets priced at Rs.1,500 have been sold”.
CAB joint secretary Biswarup Dey, however, hoped that the sales will pick up over the next two days now that the two teams are in town. “Also daily tickets will be on sale from the opening day of the game”.
The stadium, with a sitting capacity of 67,300, recorded its lowest ever attendace in an ODI last month when only 20,000 spectators attended the India-England game.
- Ticket sales fail to pick up, T-shirts with prayers for Sachin's feat - Nov 13, 2011
- Tax waiver sought for World Cup games in Bengal - Jan 05, 2011
- West Bengal waives amusement tax for World Cup ties - Jan 25, 2011
- World Cup back at the Eden, but minus the fans - Mar 14, 2011
- Tendulkar unhappy with Eden sight screen, CAB agrees to increase height - Nov 12, 2011
- 'Who are you?' ICC official asks Ganguly at Eden Gardens - Oct 26, 2011
- ICC to sell blocked tickets through ballot - Feb 26, 2011
- Lowest turnout in India ODI at Eden (Diary) - Oct 25, 2011
- Few takers for Australia-South Africa warm-up match - Feb 14, 2011
- Kolkata Police throw a spanner in CAB's giant screen plans - May 03, 2012
- Eden Gardens all but deserted as Chinnaswamy stages the big battle - Feb 27, 2011
- 'We are ready' says CAB a day ahead of ICC inspection - Feb 06, 2011
- BCCI, cricketers concerned over low turnout - Nov 15, 2011
- Giant screens across Kolkata for IPL's top draw - May 02, 2012
- CAB accuse ICC of double standards on Eden Gardens - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: attendace, boisterous crowd, cricket association of bengal, cricket matches, denomination, eden gardens, england game, ians eden, india west, international cricket, ninety eight, odi, opening day, poor ticket sales, rs 1, rs 500, season tickets, spectators, west indies