Poor Muslim students of Bihar crack IIT entrance testMay 25th, 2009 - 3:01 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 25 (IANS) All the 10 poor Muslim students enrolled in a special coaching institute for the community have passed the highly competitive Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE), the institute announced here Monday.
“All 10 of our students are from poor families. They and their parents had never dreamt that one day they will be able to get into the IITs,” said Shabbirul Huda, spokesperson of the Rahmani 30 institute.
Rahmani 30 was launched last year to select talented Muslim students from poor families and provide them with free coaching, food and accommodation so that they can focus on passing the IIT-JEE exam.
“I am very excited that I have been selected for admission to IIT. It is a big day for me and my family,” said Shahbaz Haider, one of the successful students.
The coaching institute was modelled on the lines of the much publicised Super 30, which was a successful experiment by Bihar’s Additional Director General of Police Abhyanand, who coached and helped 30 students from poor families to join the prestigious IITs.
Abhyanand began working for Rahmani 30 after disassociating himself from Super 30. The first batch of his new institute has now achieved 100 percent success.
“It was a different experiment but proved successful. My focus was to help students from the Muslim community who are educationally and economically backward,” Abhyanand told IANS.
Though Rahmani 30 was started and financially supported by the Rahmaniya Foundation, a Muslim voluntary organisation based in Munger district, Abyanand was the person who motivated, guided and supervised the students.
The police officer said the idea of coaching Muslim students struck him because for the first time last year Super 30’s successful students included Muslim students.
- 27/30: Bihar's Super 30 shines again in IIT-JEE results - May 18, 2012
- 24 of Bihar's Super 30 crack IIT-JEE this year - May 25, 2011
- Bihar's Super 30 coaching idea wins high praise in Canada - Feb 21, 2012
- Hat trick for Bihar's Super 30, all students crack IIT - May 26, 2010
- Basu plans film on Bihar's 'Super 30' - Sep 18, 2012
- Rahmani-30: A school of hope - Jun 12, 2009
- Bihar's Super 30 features in Canadian newspaper - Jul 24, 2011
- Super 30's IIT-JEE success story brings joy again - May 18, 2012
- 12-year-old Bihar boy clears Class 12 after cracking IIT-JEE - May 29, 2012
- 'India should have single engineering entrance exam' - Apr 25, 2012
- IIT Council's decision hasty: Super 30 founder - Jun 28, 2012
- IIT exam panel behind poor student quality: Super 30 founder - Oct 05, 2011
- From Punjab to Bihar to IIT, three 'super' stories - May 29, 2011
- States unwilling to join new IIT-JEE format - Jun 06, 2012
- Give poor students 3 IIT-JEE chances, says Super 30 founder - Jun 09, 2010