Polling begins in PuducherryApril 13th, 2011 - 10:12 am ICT by IANS
Puducherry, April 13 (IANS) Polling for the 30-member assembly of Puducherry union territory started here Wednesday at 8 a.m.
Over 810,000 voters are eligible to vote in 867 polling booths. They will decide the political fate of 187 candidates.
The contest is mainly between the Congress-led front comprising DMK, PMK and VCK, and the All India NR Congress (AINRC)-led front consisting of AIADMK, DMDK, Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) and Communist Party of India (CPI-M).
- It's Congress vs ex-Congress leaders in Puducherry - Apr 11, 2011
- Campaigning ends in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry - Apr 11, 2011
- 70 million hold key in three states Wednesday (Curtain Raiser) - Apr 12, 2011
- All India NR Congress throws out Congress in Puducherry (Roundup) - May 14, 2011
- Rangasamy leads new party to power in Puducherry - May 13, 2011
- Jayalalithaa charges Puducherry's Rangasamy with betrayal - May 19, 2011
- Polling ends in Tamil Nadu's Trichy West, Puducherry's Indira Nagar - Oct 13, 2011
- AIADMK, AINRC win by-polls in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry - Oct 20, 2011
- Millions vote for new assembly in Kerala, Tamil Nadu (Afternoon Lead) - Apr 13, 2011
- Polling on in Puducherry's Indira Nagar by-election - Oct 13, 2011
- Peaceful elections, high turnout in Tamil Nadu, Kerala (Roundup) - Apr 13, 2011
- DMDK fields its own mayoral candidates - Sep 23, 2011
- DMDK, CPI-M tie up for Tamil Nadu local polls - Sep 27, 2011
- Counting delayed in Tamil Nadu's Tiruppattur constituency - May 14, 2011
- Congress, CPI name candidates in Tamil Nadu - Mar 23, 2011