Poll panel indifferent to complaints: CPI-MApril 2nd, 2011 - 9:39 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 2 (IANS) The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) Saturday alleged that the Election Commission (EC) was indifferent to the complaints against the Trinamool Congress violating the model code of conduct (MCC) in West Bengal.
The party lodged a complaint with the state chief electoral officer’s Office in this regard.
“The EC is indifferent to our complaints of violation of MCC by the Trinamul Congress. It has pulled down posters and banners of our student wing - Students federation of India (SFI), which is not a political party. It’s unfortunate that EC has taken double standards in case of implementing MCC,” Rabin Deb, CPI-M state secretariat member told reporters.
Deb also said the party will take legal action against “Election Commission’s double standards”.
“No steps have been taken by the EC though it was informed that Trinamool Congress activists had put up banners in lampposts and railings beside roads which are public properties. During road shows of Trinamool leader Mamata Banerjee, her party supporters had put up posters in railings besides road and dividers,” he said.
Admitting that they have received a letter of complaint on the issue, Additional Chief Electoral Officer N.K. Sahana said it will be sent to the EC’s office in New Delhi.
“The EC will take the decision. No one can block traffic and put political posters in public properties during campaign,” he said.
- Execute arrest warrants against Trinamool leaders: CPI-M - Mar 22, 2011
- Bengal parties urged against violating poll code - Apr 29, 2011
- Poll panel should probe Trinamool's black money: CPI-M minister - Apr 26, 2011
- CPI-M defaming our leaders: Trinamool complains to EC - Apr 21, 2011
- Railways, Kolkata municipality to be asked to remove Mamata's photos - Mar 25, 2011
- Need for re-look at poll expense limit: CPI-M - Jan 28, 2011
- Explain bank transactions, poll panel asks Trinamool - Apr 28, 2011
- Bengal polls: Trinamool files complaint against Sourav - Mar 30, 2011
- Pranab Mukherjee accused of poll code violation - Apr 13, 2011
- CPI-M accuses Trinamool of using black money, Trinamool hits back (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Railway minister leads Trinamool rally against fuel hike (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Poll panel pastes notice at CPI-M leader's door - May 04, 2011
- Probe ordered into Trinamool 'black money' - May 02, 2011
- Marxists face the heat at Durga Puja stalls - Oct 04, 2011
- Over 85 percent turnout in Bengal's peaceful phase two polling (Intro Roundup) - Apr 23, 2011
Tags: chief electoral officer, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, CPI, election commission, lampposts, letter of complaint, mamata banerjee, mcc, model code, party supporters, political posters, rabin, railings, sahana, sfi, state secretariat, trinamool congress, trinamul congress, west bengal