Political parties, their supporters sponsoring terrorism: clericsNovember 5th, 2008 - 5:38 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Nov 5 (IANS) Muslim, Christian and Hindu clerics stood united here Wednesday, demanding a probe into the role of political parties and their supporting outfits in “sponsoring terrorism”.”Time and again, political parties and their outfits have come under the scanner for their involvement in terror activities. Taking this into account, we demand the probe,” a noted Shia cleric in Lucknow, Kalbe Jawwad, told reporters.
The way the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, which is very close to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), came out in support of the Malegaon bomb blast accused Sadhvi Pragya Thakur raises question over the functioning of both the outfits, he added.
Jawwad, other religious leaders from the Kabeer Math and Uttar Pradesh Christian Association (UPCA) demanded the central government initiate an inquiry at the press conference convened by the All India United Muslim Morcha (AIMM).
“The inquiry will unmask various political parties and other outfits that are fast becoming a threat to the country’s internal security,” said AIMM national president M.A. Siddiqui.
- Shia clerics demand closure of US, Israel embassies in India - May 07, 2012
- Pragya Thakur alleges Sonia, Digvijay, Pawar behind Malegaon blasts - Apr 26, 2011
- Congress launches frontal attack on 'insidious' RSS, BJP (Lead) - Dec 19, 2010
- Shia cleric urges Muslims to participate in 'Save Ganga' efforts - Apr 20, 2012
- Akhilesh seeks PM's intervention in journalist Kazmi's case - Apr 15, 2012
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- I stand by my remarks on Karkare: Digvijay Singh - Dec 14, 2010
- Bomb for bomb - Aseemanand confesses bombings to target Muslims (Lead) - Jan 07, 2011
- Minority leaders cautious to apex court ruling on Haj - May 08, 2012
- Muslim groups demand fresh probe into Mecca Masjid blast - May 03, 2010
- Muslim clerics in Uttar Pradesh support Antulay's demand - Dec 19, 2008
- Shia groups clash in Lucknow - May 18, 2012
- RSS admits links with Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand - Feb 02, 2011
- Muslim clerics, leaders welcome apex court ruling on Haj (Lead) - May 08, 2012
- BJP MP Adityanath dares police to arrest him over Malegaon blasts (Lead) - Nov 11, 2008