Polish contract killer’s Goan hosts to face police actionMarch 16th, 2009 - 5:14 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, March 16 (IANS) The owners of the Goan guesthouses where a Polish contract killer took refuge will face action for flouting laws by failing to inform the police about his stay, officials here said Monday.
Adam Pyotr Mancic, 41, was arrested Saturday from the coastal resort village of Morjim following a red-corner notice issued by the Interpol. He had fled Europe after having murdered a German businessman in Berlin last November for payment of 25,000 euros ($32,250).
Mancic entered Goa Nov 23 and moved from one coastal village to another in the northern region of the state, which sees a steady inflow of foreign tourists annually.
“Mancic stayed at four different places. It is shocking that none of the hosts or owners of the guesthouses asked him to fill a ‘C’ form, which is mandatory if a foreigner intends to stay at one place for more than 24 hours,” a police official said.
The ‘C’ form, which has to be submitted by the host to the local police station, includes the personal details of the foreign visitor, including his passport and visa details.
“Had the ‘C’ form been filled, we could have easily picked him up much before March because the Interpol had already issued a red corner notice for him,” the official said, adding that action would be taken against the owners of the guesthouses and others who hosted Mancic.
Superintendent of Police (Crime) Mangaldas Desai told IANS that the police were in touch with the Polish embassy and the Interpol.
“Interpol officials will visit Goa anytime soon to take custody of Mancic. He has to be extradited from India within 60 days,” Desai said.
- Polish contract killer nabbed in Goa to be extradited to Germany - Mar 18, 2009
- Accused in multi-million fraud arrested - Jan 29, 2012
- Indians held in Hanoi flown to Jaipur - Mar 21, 2012
- Gold Sukh fraud: Rajasthan police team to leave for Hanoi - Feb 15, 2012
- CBI should probe Goa's land mafia, politician nexus: NCP - Sep 23, 2011
- German whistle-blower's complaint not registered by police - Mar 26, 2009
- Menus, signages in Russian could be removed in Goa - Jul 23, 2012
- Russians, Israelis have 'occupied' Goa's coastal villages: Congress - Feb 21, 2012
- Where is Fasih Mahmood, apex court asks (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- German whistle-blower claims harassment - Mar 23, 2009
- Russians should sunbathe, have fun, go back, says Goa BJP - Mar 08, 2010
- Red corner notice against Israeli drug dealer - Sep 04, 2010
- Goa's illegal resort stands as Russian owners go missing - Sep 26, 2009
- Maharashtra wants custody of mafia leader Iqbal Mirchi - Oct 12, 2011
- Interpol red corner notice against fugitive Iraqi vice president - May 08, 2012