Policemen arrested for thrashing boyFebruary 12th, 2009 - 1:02 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Feb 11 (IANS) A police officer was arrested here Wednesday for allegedly beating up a boy who had given a rose to his daughter, police said.
Vinod Kumar, station officer of the Saasni police station in Aligarh district, came to Ghaziabad Monday evening and went to Prateek Sodhi’s house in Chiranjeev Vihar and brought him to the Kavi Nagar police station.
Kumar then thrashed Prateek as he had given a rose to his daughter Sonal, and kept the boy in lock-up for the night.
Police sources said when the boy’s father Vipin Sodhi came to rescue him the next day, Kumar manhandled him too.
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Akhil Kumar Wednesday morning ordered the Kavi Nagar police to register a first information report (FIR) against him.
A case was registered against Kumar under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). He was released on bail later.
- Transporter run over by police van for not paying bribe - Sep 08, 2010
- Police-public partnership to check crime in Ghaziabad - Aug 02, 2012
- Notorious criminals arrested in Ghaziabad - Jun 17, 2012
- Parents of man who filed gangrape complaint scared for his safety - Feb 07, 2011
- Girl gang raped in basement of Ghaziabad mall - May 04, 2012
- Steel trader robbed of Rs.12 lakh in Ghaziabad - Aug 26, 2009
- One cop held with drugs, four suspended in Ghaziabad - Feb 02, 2011
- NRI girl sweet-talked into marriage, deserted; Police register case - Sep 17, 2011
- Executive arrested for forging document to get passport - Feb 06, 2010
- MBA student crushed to death - Feb 15, 2012
- Two constables arrested after prisoners escape - Nov 26, 2011
- Twins die after vaccination in nursing home - Sep 16, 2010
- Two farmers murdered in Ghaziabad - Aug 29, 2010
- Retired teacher found murdered - Sep 29, 2011
- Woman killed for dowry in Ghaziabad - Apr 24, 2009