Policeman suspended over Assam youth’s death (Lead)July 26th, 2012 - 9:13 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 26 (IANS) A railway police official was suspended in Bihar’s Bhagalpur district for failing to cooperate in a probe into the killing of a youth from Assam, police said Thursday.
The body of Pritam Bhattacharjee, 25, was found near a railway station on the Barauni-Katihar route July 17.
Manish Kumar, in-charge of the Naugachia government railway police station, was suspended by the superintendent on charges of not cooperating in the investigation.
Bhattacharjee had gone missing July 9 from Naugachia station in Bhagalpur, about 200 km from here.
Police have recovered Bhattacharjee’s rucksack and asked forensic experts to examine it.
Bhattacharjee went missing after he chased four youths who had snatched his bag containing his original educational certificates after the train stopped at Naugachia station.
Bhattacharjee, who is from Silchar in Assam, had reportedly told his mother on telephone that he was being tormented by the four on the Awadh-Assam Express.
Bhattacharjee, who held a Master’s degree in physics, was going to Delhi to appear for a PhD test.
- Cop suspended for not cooperating in Assam youth's death-probe - Jul 26, 2012
- ABVP for CBI probe into killing of Assam youth - Aug 02, 2012
- Missing Assam youth's body found in Bihar - Jul 15, 2012
- One dead, 50 injured in Bihar train accident - Oct 08, 2009
- Parts of northeast cut-off, train services disrupted - Oct 22, 2011
- Train services yet to be restored in northeast - Jun 10, 2012
- Bihar cop fires on protesting flood victims, suspended - Aug 26, 2011
- Rajdhani derails in Bihar, no injuries reported (Lead) - May 25, 2010
- Rajdhani Express derails in Bihar - May 25, 2010
- 43 major train tragedies in two decades (Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- 522 Hospitals and Diagnostic Centres to be set up, says Mamata - Feb 24, 2010
- Parts of northeast cut-off as train services suspended - Oct 10, 2011
- 'Another month to restore train services to northeast' - Jul 02, 2012
- Railway services in northeast partially restored - Jul 25, 2012
- UP cops accidentally kill youth - Sep 01, 2012
Tags: assam police, awadh, bhagalpur district, educational certificates, forensic experts, july 17, manish, physics, police official, police said thursday, police station, policeman, railway police, railway station, rucksack, silchar, superintendent, train