Policeman held for abusing mentally unstable sisterJune 2nd, 2009 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 2 (IANS) Hyderabad police Tuesday arrested a constable for allegedly sexually abusing his mentally unstable sister for six months.
The shameful incident came to light when their mother lodged a complaint against her son with police.
Ramulamma, a widow who works as a sweeper in a bank, told police that her eldest son Venugopal, a constable in the Armed Reserve wing of the city police, had been abusing his own sister Jayalakshmi for six months.
Unable to bear the humiliation of her daughter, Ramulamma spoke out to expose the evil face of his son, who is married with two children.
Ramulamma, whose husband died a few years ago, was living with her 28-year-old daughter Jayalakshmi and Venugopal, 35, and his family in Ravindranagar neighbourhood in Asifnagar area here.
The woman was taking care of her daughter, who became mentally unstable while studying 10th standard. Some time back, she complained to her mother about her brother.
Ramulamma told police that she initially refused to believe this but moved to another house after witnessing the abuse with her own eyes. Venugopal later brought them back and tried to convince them that he is now a changed man.
The woman, in her complaint, said her son again started abusing his sister. “When I asked him to mend his ways and warned him that I will lodge a complaint with the police, he threatened me saying he knows how to manage the police,” the widow told reporters.
Ramulamma decided not to be cowed down by his threats and approached the local police station.
- Sons, daughters-in-law arrested for parading widowed mother half naked - Aug 24, 2012
- Couple held for killing defence scientist's son - Jun 18, 2011
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Police inspector jailed for raping minor - Oct 14, 2010
- Ex-RAW official disrobes in court, sent for mental check-up (Second Lead) - Jan 20, 2011
- VM Thrown out of house by son, elderly woman pleads for him - Jul 03, 2012
- Pay monthly expense to mother, court tells man - Aug 28, 2011
- Police meet Vidarbha widow who sought Sonia's help - Oct 08, 2011
- Chiranjeevi's son-in-law booked for dowry harassment - Mar 15, 2011
- Police begin investigations against Nagarjuna - Oct 02, 2011
- Kolkata constable held for murdering sister-in-law - Feb 01, 2011
- Pak court extends custody of two brothers accused of cannibalism - Apr 07, 2011
- Mumbai man held for molesting daughter - May 20, 2012
- Ukrainian woman gives birth to 20th child - Apr 22, 2011
- No diplomatic immunity for accused official: French embassy - Jun 18, 2012