Police told to file report in Nirmal Baba caseAugust 10th, 2012 - 8:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 10 (IANS) A court here has sought an action taken report from Delhi Police on a citizen’s complaint against self-styled godman Nirmal Baba for cheating and breach of trust.
Metropolitan Magistrate Neeraj Gaur asked police to file the action-taken-report (ATR) on the complaint of advocate Prem Shankar Sharma, who sought to register a case against Nirmal Baba.
“ATR be called from the SHO of concerned police station,” the court said in the order passed earlier this week but made available Friday. The court fixed Sep 10 for further hearing on the matter.
The court was hearing the petition of Sharma requesting the court to direct police to file a first information report (FIR) against Nirmal Baba and his prosecution for allegedly cheating, committing criminal breach of trust and hurting religious sentiments of people.
Sharma also sought lodging of FIR against Nirmal Baba for his alleged offences under the Drugs and Magic Act, committed by airing of objectionable advertisements on TV channels for treatment of diseases.
He alleged Nirmal Baba was “spreading blind faith in the society” by airing shows like “Third Eye of Nirmal Baba” on TV channels where he asks people to follow his preachings and guidelines to become rich and get rid of all problems in life, while his only motive is to make money.
The complainant said Nirmal Baba is a fraud with no degree in religious teachings and spreads fear among people. He is cheating people by asking them to deposit ten per cent of their income in his bank account to receive his blessings, Sharma alleged.
- Can't book Nirmal Baba over complaint, cops tell court - Sep 10, 2012
- Arrest warrants issued against Nirmal Baba - May 19, 2012
- Can't act against Ramdev for Chhattisgarh speech: Delhi Police - Jun 22, 2012
- Three get bail in Sathya Sai cash case - Jun 24, 2011
- Bedi NGO did not cheat: Kejriwal - Nov 28, 2011
- Detention, assault of two men being probed, court told - Mar 06, 2012
- No proof of allegations against Ramdev: Police - Feb 22, 2012
- Court notice over baba's magic remedy ads - May 16, 2012
- Court seeks police report on action against Prashant Bhushan - Jun 08, 2012
- Lawyers' strike in Delhi district courts - Sep 29, 2011
- Court seeks report on plea against Raj Thackeray - Sep 13, 2012
- No proof of allegations against Ramdev: Police (Lead) - Feb 22, 2012
- First complaint lodged in Citibank fraud case (Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- First complaint lodged in Citibank fraud case, top brass named (Second Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- Controversial guru Nityananda granted bail - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: atr, blind faith, breach of trust, complainant, criminal breach of trust, delhi police, fir, godman, information report, magic act, magistrate, New Delhi, police station, preachings, prem, religious sentiments, religious teachings, shankar, third eye, tv channels