Police to probe death of Jaipal Reddy’s nieceJune 20th, 2011 - 8:56 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, June 20 (IANS) The Hyderabad police have launched a probe into the suspicious death of Kiran Reddy, niece of Petroleum Minister Jaipal Reddy, a senior official said Monday.
Director General of Police Aravinda Rao told reporters here that investigations into the case were on and the police were waiting for the autopsy report.
Police sources said 26-year-old Kiran Reddy, a dermatologist, died of “asphyxia” and that she also had a head injury.
A six-member team of forensic experts at the government-run Gandhi Hospital conducted autopsy on the body of Kiran Reddy, who was found dead Saturday morning under suspicious circumstances.
However, late Sunday Kiran Reddy’s father Raghottam Reddy complained to the police that her husband Chaitanya Reddy and his family members were behind her death.
The police later booked Chaitanya Reddy, a businessman, and his family members for murder. They will be questioned after receiving the autopsy report, an official said.
Kiran and Chaitanya Reddy, who were married five years ago and have a four-year-old daughter, attended a bachelors’ party for her brother Sunil and returned to their house in Jubilee Hills late Friday night.
The next morning, she was found unconscious by her husband. He took her to a hospital, where the doctors declared her brought dead.
Chaitanya Reddy and his family members said she died of health complications.
Kiran Reddy was the daughter of Jaipal Reddy’s younger sister Bharati.
- Husband held for murder of Jaipal Reddy's niece (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Jaipal Reddy's niece murdered, say cops, arrest husband - Jun 22, 2011
- Husband arrested for murder of Jaipal Reddy's niece (Lead) - Jun 22, 2011
- Delhi woman strangled to death inside her room - May 25, 2012
- Junior NTR ties the knot with Naidu's relative - May 06, 2011
- Man confesses to killing and then raping his niece - Oct 08, 2010
- No autopsy on Amy Winehouse before Monday morning - Jul 24, 2011
- Police dig out baby girl's body to probe murder claim - Jul 15, 2010
- Pressure on Jaipal Reddy, others to quit (Lead) - Jul 05, 2011
- Woman jumps to death from Noida flat - Jun 20, 2012
- Dinesh Reddy Andhra's new police chief - Jun 30, 2011
- Coroner: Amy Winehouse's death is non suspicious - Jul 25, 2011
- Telangana JAC gears up to cook, eat on Hyderabad roads - Jun 18, 2011
- Tributes paid to YSR on birth anniversary - Jul 08, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi injured in attack; Hyderabad tense (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: aravinda, asphyxia, autopsy report, bachelors party, dermatologist, director general, forensic experts, gandhi hospital, head injury, health complications, jaipal reddy, jubilee hills, member team, niece, police sources, rao, saturday morning, sunil, suspicious circumstances, suspicious death