Police set to file charge-sheet against 3 ex-army officialsOctober 26th, 2008 - 8:12 pm ICT by IANS
Nashik, Oct 26 (IANS) The Anti Terrorism Squad of the Maharashtra police is all set to file charge-sheets against three Pune-based retired army officers it is interrogating for training those allegedly involved in the Malegaon bomb blasts, officials said.In fact, ATS special counsel Ajay Misar was Sunday ready in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate K.D. Boche “with papers” pertaining to Major Prabhakar Kulkarni (retired), who was the commandant of Bhosala Military School here. But Misar was told late afternoon to file the charge-sheet Monday, the officials added.
The other two former servicemen, Major Y.D.Sahasrabuddhe and Major Ramesh Upadhyay whom ATS sleuths are grilling along with Maj. Kulkarni, also taught at the Bhosala Military School and later assisted its former commandant in providing training in making and exploding bombs using RDX, the officials said.
After serving the military school as commandant, Maj. Kulkarni also worked as the secretary of the Hindu Sainiki Sanstha that runs it, it was revealed.
While ATS officers were tight-lipped about the status of investigations and further steps, a source close to them said it was decided to file charge-sheet against all three former servicemen Monday after gathering more information.
Sadhvi Pragya Thakur, against whom ATS has already filed a charge-sheet along with her two accomplices Shivnarayan Singh and Shyam Bhavarlal Sahu for their involvement in the Sep 29 Malegaon bomb blast, was said to have been in constant touch with Maj. Kulkarni.
A former national executive member of Bharatiya Janata Party students’ wing Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarth Parishad (ABVP), Sadhvi Pragya Singh was said to be associated with Hindu Jagaran Manch and known in Indore, Bhopal and Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh and Surat in Gujarat as a fire-brand, saffron-clad preacher.
- Malegaon blast: NIA to interrogate accused army officer - Jul 19, 2011
- Malegaon blast: Chargesheet against Pravin Mutalik - Apr 22, 2011
- Malegaon blast case: Supreme Court to hear Sadhvi Pragya 's appeal - Oct 04, 2010
- Rajasthan ATS files 806-page chargesheet in 2007 Ajmer blast case - Oct 23, 2010
- Apex court dismisses Sadhvi Pragya's bail plea (Lead) - Sep 23, 2011
- 11 Malegaon blast accused to be charged under MCOCA (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2010
- Bhosla Military School denies training Malegaon blast accused - Oct 28, 2008
- RSS leader involved in Ajmer blast conspiracy: Police - Oct 23, 2010
- Sadhvi Pragnya files fresh bail plea - Nov 18, 2011
- Judicial custody of Samjhauta blast accused Aseemanand extended till May 2 - Apr 30, 2011
- Maharashtra ATS arrest Mutalik in Malegaon blast case - Feb 01, 2011
- Pragya associate attempts suicide, claims torture - Jan 05, 2011
- Indian Army officer in police custody for Malegaon bombing (Second Lead) - Nov 05, 2008
- Sadhvi Pragya's aide moves court against 'harassment' - Jan 12, 2011
- ATS to conduct narco test on Sadhvi Pragya - Oct 27, 2008