Police seize 12 kg heroin, arrest two in PunjabJune 2nd, 2008 - 11:30 pm ICT by IANS
Amritsar, June 2 (IANS) The Punjab police Monday arrested two people and recovered nearly 12 kg of heroin from a village near here. The haul is said to be worth millions of rupees in the international market.
The Amritsar rural police have arrested both the smugglers, identified as Ranjit Singh and Shamsher Singh.
They were nabbed by the police while travelling with the drug consignment in a Maruti car, rural district police chief Iqbal Singh said.
The consignment was to be delivered to a contact man in Chandigarh, the police official said.
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012
- 15 kg heroin found near India-Pakistan border - Oct 04, 2011
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
- 12 kg heroin seized in Amritsar, 3 arrested - Aug 29, 2011
- BSF recovers 23 kg heroin from Punjab border - Feb 04, 2012
- BSF seizes 12 kg of heroin on Punjab border - Apr 24, 2012
- BSF seizes 31 kg heroin at Punjab border (Lead) - Jul 03, 2010
- No one cures Punjab's drug problem (Punjab Newsletter) - Feb 10, 2012
- 75 kg of heroin seized in Punjab - Apr 06, 2011
- Three held with drugs worth Rs.40 crore - Jul 10, 2011
- BSF seizes 31 kg heroin in Punjab - Jul 03, 2010
- Canadian citizen arrested with cocaine in Punjab - Sep 03, 2012
- Drug dealer gets death penalty - Jan 29, 2012
- Smuggler arrested with 14 kg heroin in Punjab - Jan 11, 2011
- One arrested with 5 kg heroin - Jul 15, 2010