Police searching for actress Jennifer Hudson’s nephew in murder caseOctober 26th, 2008 - 12:21 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, Oct 26 (DPA) Police were searching for the missing nephew of Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Hudson, a day after her mother and brother were found dead in their Chicago home in an apparent domestic dispute, the Chicago Sun Times newspaper reported.The bodies of Darnell Hudson Donerson, 57, and Jason Hudson, 29, were found shot dead Friday afternoon, police said.
Hudson’s nephew, seven-year-old Julian King, was reported missing from the home.
The Federal Bureau of Investigation were searching for the boy, whose stepfather is in custody as a suspect in the murders. No charges had been filed against William Balfour, 27, the estranged husband of Hudson’s sister Julia.
Neighbours heard shots fired, but did not immediately alert the police because gunfire is common in the poor south Chicago neighbourhood.
Hudson, 29, won an Oscar for her role in the musical Dreamgirls in 2007. She also starred in blockbuster Sex and the City and The Secret Life of Bees.
Just weeks ago the singer, who broke onto the scene in the talent programme American Idol, released her debut album, Jennifer Hudson.
She is recently engaged to boyfriend David Otunga.
- Hudson to host charity dinner for late nephew - Jun 06, 2012
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- Hudson forgives family's killer - Sep 12, 2012
- Jennifer Hudson to open up about family tragedy - Jun 29, 2010
- Jennifer Hudson holds event to remember nephew - Dec 24, 2010
- Jennifer Hudson plans to sell family murder house - Dec 24, 2009
- Music is my therapy: Jennifer Hudson - Mar 26, 2011
- Mother, brother of actress Jennifer Hudson killed (Lead) - Oct 25, 2008
- Police find boy's body in Hudson triple murder case - Oct 28, 2008
- Hudson offers reward for information on missing nephew - Oct 27, 2008
- Jennifer Hudsons mother, brother found murdered in their Chicago home - Oct 25, 2008
- Relative indicted in killing of Jennifer Hudson's family - Dec 31, 2008
- Hudson returns to work after family tragedy - Dec 10, 2008
- Jennifer Hudson ready to forgive family murderer - May 16, 2009
- Jennifer Hudson’s mother, brother killed, nephew missing - Oct 25, 2008