Police search woman, two men for looting octogenarianOctober 16th, 2008 - 12:18 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 15 (IANS) Two days after an 80-year-old woman was thrashed and robbed at her southeast Delhi home, police Wednesday were yet to arrest the three assailants - a woman and her two male associates.“We are still searching for three people - Shalini, Ramesh and Ajay - for attacking and looting Subdhra Devi Sharma at her Greater Kailash-I house,” said a senior police officer.
“Raids are also being conducting at various places and we are close to making arrest,” the official added.
Police said the three entered Sharma’s home on the pretext of asking for drinking water Monday afternoon. She allowed them in as she knew one of them.
They then tied her legs and hands, beat her and tried to slit her throat. They ransacked the house and took Rs.150,000 and some jewellery before fleeing, police said.
Sharma, who lost her husband four years ago, lives alone in the house as her only son Gaurav lives in Ghaziabad. Her daughter lives in Mumbai.
- Octogenarian robbed in Delhi - Oct 15, 2008
- Eunuch among five arrested for murder - Dec 03, 2011
- Woman held for murder of elderly lady - Mar 09, 2010
- Cousin held for siblings' murder (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Two robbers kill woman and daughter, one held - Oct 13, 2011
- Five robbers arrested - Sep 24, 2011
- Woman, three grand children slaughtered in Rajasthan - Apr 16, 2012
- Woman kills mother-in-law, held - Aug 25, 2011
- Three held for Delhi woman's trafficking - Jun 09, 2012
- Man held for father's murder - Jul 25, 2012
- Two held for killing 70-year-old woman - Feb 09, 2011
- Burnt body of woman found in Delhi - Oct 04, 2011
- Woman murdered in north Delhi - Oct 16, 2011
- Former boyfriend arrested for Delhi woman's murder - May 17, 2011
- Three murdered in West Bengal - Jul 10, 2010