Police run claims another aspirant’s lifeMay 1st, 2008 - 8:17 pm ICT by admin
Hyderabad, May 1 (IANS) A strenuous run as part of physical endurance test for police constables’ recruitment claimed another life Thursday in Andhra Pradesh. An aspirant for the post of a constable died during a five-kilometre run Thursday at Khammam, about 250 km from here. The youth collapsed during the run and later died at the hospital.
This is the third aspirant to die during the run in the last four days. While one youth died in Warangal April 28, another died in Vijayawada a day later.
Several others have fainted during the run, which is being conducted at different places in the state, as part of the process for recruitment of police constables.
The conduct of the strenuous tests during scorching summer has come under criticism from different quarters. Hundreds of unemployed youths are appearing for the recruitment tests.
While a detailed report on the actual cause of the deaths is awaited, doctors said they might have died due to cardiac or breathing problems.
Home Minister K. Jana Reddy Wednesday announced a compensation of Rs.200,000 each to the family of the deceased. He also directed the police authorities to ensure that the run is completed before 8.30 a.m.
Intense heat wave conditions are prevailing in most parts of the state, with mercury rising above 42 degrees Celsius.
- Youth collapsing at police recruitment rally, dies - Jun 12, 2012
- Cop dies, 20 colleagues faint during physical test - Jul 20, 2011
- Policeman dies, 10 hospitalised after physical test - Jul 27, 2011
- Another youth dies in police recruitment run - Apr 29, 2008
- Andhra excise ministers rules out resignation (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Dengue kills three more in Andhra - Oct 25, 2011
- Andhra minister asked to quit over bribe charge - Feb 08, 2012
- Andhra police drive reveals 40 fake degrees from Bihar - Aug 09, 2011
- Five Andhra cops held for playing Munna Bhai - Jun 17, 2011
- Two CRPF recruits collapse in training session, die - Aug 28, 2010
- Protests continue for Telangana - Feb 22, 2010
- Groundswell of support for Anna Hazare - Apr 08, 2011
- Telangana shutdown hits life in region (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Shutdown hits life in Telangana, bus services halted - May 29, 2010
- Constable dies during endurance test - Feb 13, 2011