Police remand for former Chhota Rajan aideAugust 12th, 2011 - 4:01 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 12 (IANS) Santosh Shetty, believed to be a former aide of underworld don Chhota Rajan, was Friday remanded to police custody till Wednesday, Mumbai police said.
Shetty was arrested by Bangkok police late Thursday. He was deported to Mumbai for questioning related to various crimes committed by his gang since 1990, a police officer said.
Shetty is alleged to be a fugitive gangster and drug dealer. He broke away from Rajan in 2004 to form his own gang. He is alleged to have been involved in extortion, kidnapping and contract killings.
Shetty is an accused in the murder of Farheed Tanasha, a close aide of Rajan. He is also accused of the murder of lawyer Shahid Azmi. Azmi represented Fahim Ansari, an accused in the November 2008 Mumbai attacks.
- Mumbai Police claim to have 'broken' underworld's back-bone - Jan 11, 2012
- Gangster arrested in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 10, 2012
- Indian gangster behind new murder attempt in Nepal - Jun 26, 2011
- Criminal, arms supplier arrested in Mumbai with arms - Feb 05, 2011
- Dey murder: Jigna Vora granted bail (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
- CJA condemns journalist Dey's murder - Jun 12, 2011
- Mafia don Chhota Rajan's aide arrested - Sep 25, 2010
- Eighth suspect nabbed in journalist J. Dey's murder - Jul 03, 2011
- Contract killer of Chhota Rajan gang nabbed - Jan 27, 2011
- Indian don tried to kill another Nepal media owner: Police - Mar 07, 2010
- Palande, three others charge-sheeted in Tikku murder case - Jul 06, 2012
- Six months on, 12 charge sheeted for Dey's murder - Dec 03, 2011
- Dey murder: Vora seeks restraint on media coverage - Dec 13, 2011
- Delhi court remands UP MLA Ansari to 14-day police custody - May 15, 2010
- Dey murder: Chargesheet filed against scribe Jigna Vora - Feb 21, 2012