Police release MP’s son held for impersonating in Jamia examJune 8th, 2012 - 6:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 8 (IANS) The son of a Rajya Sabha MP from the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) was allegedly caught impersonating at an entrance exam of Jamia Millia Islamia here, university sources said Friday.
Earlier the university said in a statement: “Mohd. Zamal appeared for the entrance test for admission into Social Science Group III in the Faculty of Humanities and Languages June 7. The same candidate also appeared for the entrance test for admission into Social Science Group I June 6,” a statement from Jamia Millia Islamia said.
“The matter came to light when the dean of faculty of social science checked and verified that the photographs in the original admission forms submitted by the above candidate for Social Science Group I and Social Science Group III were different, making it a clear case of impersonation,” the statement said.
Although the university had not revealed the boy’s details, sources said the student happened to be the son of a BSP MP.
The university proctor Thursday evening handed over the case to the police for necessary action, a university official said.
According to police, he was released as there was no evidence against him.
“It was only on suspicion that Jamia handed him to us but we found no evidence against him and released him,” said a police official.
- Graduate held for impersonation - Jun 03, 2011
- Jamia cracks down on impersonators during admissions - Jun 25, 2010
- Engineering student held for fraud - Apr 28, 2011
- Four fake candidates caught in Jamia - Jul 13, 2012
- Jamia to hold common test for UG entrants - Apr 15, 2011
- Jamia extends postgraduate admission date - Jul 14, 2010
- Another imposter caught at Jamia - Jun 18, 2010
- AMU lodges FIR against 27 for using unfair means - Jul 14, 2012
- Heads of Indian architecture institutions meet in Delhi - Apr 24, 2012
- Jamia to announce entrance test results in June - May 31, 2011
- Student held on impersonation charges - Jun 17, 2010
- Jamia shortlists MA and MPhil English candidates - Jun 20, 2012
- Jamia's law faculty is one of country's top five - Jun 14, 2011
- Jamia to conduct UGC NET Saturday - Dec 22, 2011
- Jamia announces results - Jun 29, 2010
Tags: admission, bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, clear case, dean, dean of faculty, entrance exam, humanities, impersonation, islamia, languages, mp, New Delhi, photographs, police official, rajya sabha, social science group, suspicion, university proctor, university sources