Police recover 70-kg landmine in ChhattisgarhMarch 31st, 2009 - 10:26 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, March 31 (IANS) A major Maoist attack was averted Tuesday in Chhattisgarh when a police search party found a 70-kg landmine buried in Bastar region.
The recovery was made between Chintagufa and Pollampalli forested stretch in Dantewada district, just before a contingent of the para-military Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and the state police was to cross the area, Deputy Inspector General (police headquarters) Pawan Deo said.
Maoists have called for a boycott of the Lok Sabha polls and have ordered people to stay away from election process. The police fear that leftist rebels will try to step up violence in the state, mainly in their stronghold Bastar, before April 16 polls to get global publicity.
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Landmines recovered in Chhattisgarh - Apr 28, 2011
- Maoists open fire near CRPF camps in Chhattisgarh - Apr 21, 2010
- Two 50-kg landmines recovered in Chhattisgarh - May 22, 2011
- Chhattisgarh cops search forests after Maoist attack - Apr 21, 2010
- Maoists open fire near CRPF camps in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Apr 21, 2010
- 25 kg landmine defused in Chhattisgarh - May 10, 2011
- Two Maoists held in Chhattisgarh - Jan 13, 2012
- Chhattisgarh seeks extra troopers for Bastar by-poll - Apr 25, 2011
- CRPF trooper, three Maoists killed in Chhattisgarh - Apr 12, 2009
- Bastar records 40 percent polling amid Maoist blasts, firing (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Five bombs found in Chhattisgarh - Sep 26, 2011
- Police clueless on CRPF trooper's killing - Mar 23, 2012
- CRPF trooper killed in Maoist attack - Sep 18, 2011
- Chhattisgarh seeks waiver on anti-Maoist forces expenditure - Jan 19, 2011