Police receive `fake SMS’ to blow up Hindustan Aeronautics officeMay 15th, 2008 - 4:20 pm ICT by admin
Lucknow, May 15 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh police Thursday said that they received a “fake SMS” threatening to blow up the office of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) here. “We received the message Wednesday and found it to be fake after completing our investigations Thursday,” UP Additional Director General of Police (crime, law) Brij Lal told IANS.
He did not disclose who in the police force received the message, nor how the police found out it was a fake. He did not comment when asked if the message was a prank.
But Lal said action would be taken against the sender of the message and his whereabouts would be made public soon.
- HAL prepares to manufacture Rafale combat jet in India - Feb 13, 2012
- Missing Lucknow student found murdered - Dec 30, 2010
- Cops probe calls from Iran to plant bombs in Meerut - Jul 18, 2011
- Two BSP leaders held for 2009 arson attack - Mar 04, 2011
- I-League: Chirag get past HAL 1-0 - Dec 23, 2010
- IIT-Madras student found dead in hostel room - Sep 01, 2011
- 33 IPS officers shifted in UP, power chief also booted out - Jul 31, 2012
- Security upped in UP, Uttarakhand - May 15, 2008
- HAL disinvestment under consideration: Government - May 07, 2012
- HAL director Baldev Singh's body found hanging from tree - Oct 11, 2011
- Brij Lal to be Uttar Pradesh police chief - Oct 01, 2011
- Trainer aircraft crashes, two pilots eject safely (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Ex-minister sent back to jail after 'illness' - Sep 05, 2011
- Two held for sending fake SMS to police - May 16, 2008
- UP girl's murder confirmed; 11 cops, three doctors suspended (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2011