Police question top Orissa bureaucrat in coach’s murderApril 28th, 2008 - 11:13 pm ICT by admin
Bhubaneswar, April 28 (IANS) The Orissa police Monday questioned a senior official of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) in the murder case of athletics coach Biranchi Das, the police officials said. The police summoned Priyabrata Patnaik to the police commisionerate here and questioned him on his alleged involvement in the murder of Das, who was former coach of six-year-old marathon sensation Budhia Singh.
Patnaik was called in for questioning after a criminal, Chhagla alias Bijoy Sahu, arrested recently, said that the conspiracy to kill Das was hatched at the behest of five people, including Priyabrata Patnaik and two women.
Das was shot dead April 13, outside a judo centre in Bhubaneswar. Gangster Raja Acharya, who has more then 30 cases of extortions, murders and kidnapping against him, is a prime suspect in the murder. The police have not yet arrested Acharya.
Patnaik is secretary in the department of transport and commerce and is also government’s nodal officer for POSCO-India’s proposed steel project.
- Police quizzes top Orissa bureaucrat in coach murder - May 30, 2008
- Two convicted in Orissa for judo coach's murder - Dec 13, 2010
- Orissa transfers top cop over alleged links with gangster - May 07, 2008
- Two convicted for murdering judo coach (Lead) - Dec 13, 2010
- Trial opens in murder of marathon kid's coach - Sep 01, 2009
- Murderer of Budhia ex-coach arrested in Goa - May 05, 2008
- Biranchi murderer brought to Bhubaneshwar - May 07, 2008
- Main suspect in Biranchi Das murder arrested in Goa - May 05, 2008
- Suspect in Biranchi Das killing caught in Bhopal - Apr 22, 2008
- Man claiming hand in Biranchi killing held in Bhopal (Lead, Changing dateline) - Apr 22, 2008
- Police protection to Orissa officials, artists - Apr 22, 2008
- Anti-POSCO leader held - Nov 26, 2011
- Orissa police file charge sheet in judo coach murder case - Aug 18, 2008
- Main suspect in Biranchi Das murder arrested in Goa (Lead) - May 05, 2008
- Posco seeks lifting of curbs on project site entry - Mar 02, 2012