Police post set afire in Ghaziabad (Lead)September 10th, 2012 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Sep 10 (IANS) Three policemen, including a station in-charge, were injured in Ghaziabad Monday when angry college students attacked a police station and burnt it down.
According to state home department officials, violence broke out in Muradnagar, about 470 km from Lucknow, when angry students of the Gandhi Inter College, protesting against the sacking of a school teacher, vented their ire on the police and set the Rawli police station on fire.
“The students were protesting against the sacking of a teacher named Arvind Dubey, and they went to the police station to seek help to bring pressure on the management to reinstate the teacher. Instead of helping them, the policemen just shooed them away,” an official told IANS, explaining that the students then went berserk and thrashed the policemen.
The irate students then set the police post on fire, blockaded traffic movement on the Rawli-Muradnagar Road and vandalized local shops.
Following the incident, Sub Divisional Magistrate of Modi Nagar Monika Rani and SP (Rural) Jagdish Sharma rushed to the spot. Later, the management closed the college for an indefinite period and deployed the PAC there.
- Students beat up policemen in Ghaziabad - Sep 10, 2012
- UP cops accidentally kill youth - Sep 01, 2012
- Denied bank loan, Kerala nursing student ends life - Apr 30, 2012
- Violence in Anantnag after youth run over by army vehicle (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Outsiders in hostels, students go berserk in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 01, 2010
- 10 policemen injured in Uttar Pradesh mob attack - Sep 14, 2010
- Gunfire in Meerut jail as cops, inmates clash, 11 hurt (Lead) - Apr 18, 2012
- Virtual world voices outrage over Delhi girl's murder - Mar 10, 2011
- Students clash with police in Allahabad, torch vehicles - Apr 27, 2012
- Two of a family killed, five injured in Ghaziabad - Sep 08, 2010
- Congress shutdown hits life in Odisha - Sep 10, 2012
- Shia groups clash in Lucknow - May 18, 2012
- Students clash with police in Bulandshahr - Apr 29, 2011
- Engineering students vandalize vehicles in Gurgaon - Sep 06, 2012
- Congress shutdown paralyses life in Odisha (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012
Tags: angry students, arvind, college students, department officials, dubey, gandhi, indefinite period, inter college, jagdish, lucknow, magistrate, pac, police post, police station, policemen, rani, school teacher, traffic movement, violence