Police official arrested for molestation of flood victim in BiharSeptember 7th, 2008 - 2:34 pm ICT by IANS
Patna Sep 7 (IANS) A police official was arrested and suspended on charge of alleged molestation of a woman flood victim in Bihar’s Araria district, police sources said Sunday.K.K. Choudhary, a sub inspector of the Bihar police, was arrested and later suspended by Araria superintendent of police following a complaint lodged by some flood victims taking shelter on Bathnaha railway station, some 300 km from here.
Police sources said that Choudhary was reportedly drunk when he molested the woman late Saturday night.
Dozens of flood victims chased away Choudhary after the victim raised an alarm.
Hundreds of flood victims have been taking shelter at railway stations in flood affected districts of Madhepura, Supaul, Saharsa, Purnea and Araria for the last two weeks.
- Bihar cop fires on protesting flood victims, suspended - Aug 26, 2011
- Over half a million hit by Bihar floods - Jul 06, 2011
- Flood victim injured in police firing in Bihar - Aug 25, 2011
- Bihar flood situation grim as all rivers rise - Jul 07, 2011
- Fear of floods back in Bihar - Jul 01, 2011
- First phase of Bihar elections witnesses 53 per cent polling - Oct 21, 2010
- Poor woman in Bihar sells child for Rs.62, cops begin probe - Jul 15, 2012
- Flood waters enter over 1,000 Bihar villages - Aug 20, 2011
- Moderate voting reported in Bihar - Oct 21, 2010
- 1.5 million affected in Bihar floods - Aug 22, 2011
- Rising Kosi floods dozens of Bihar villages - Jul 05, 2012
- 35 to 40 percent voting in Bihar till 2 p.m. - Oct 21, 2010
- Bihar enroute to development , despite natural calamity : Nitish Kumar - Aug 15, 2010
- More embankments to control floods in Bihar - Jul 05, 2011
- Three troopers arrested in Bihar - May 27, 2012