Police nabs suspected terrorist in Madhya PradeshMay 28th, 2009 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, May 28 (IANS) Madhya Pradesh Police’s anti-terrorist squad Thursday claimed to have nabbed a terrorist, who is alleged to have planted a bomb in the Chennai Express nine years ago.
“Ishaq Khan was arrested on a tip-off from Madhavganj in Morena on Wednesday night. He planted a bomb in the Chennai Express while it was passing through the district on May 20, 2000,” Morena Police Superintendent Amrit Meena said.
The bomb had been defused by the police after the train reached Chennai. A probe revealed that the device was wrapped in a newspaper published from Gwalior. On that basis, the Chennai Police investigated in Gwalior and Morena, but no arrest could be made then.
“Ishaq Khan was produced in a court today (Thursday) and remanded to four days of police custody,” he said.
- FIR against 'Paan Singh Tomar' director - Feb 28, 2012
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 08, 2012
- Two suspected LeT militants nabbed in Thane - Nov 29, 2010
- IPS officer crushed to death in Madhya Pradesh (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Super chor 'Bunty' arrested in Bhopal, police confirm - Jan 16, 2012
- Another key accused in Malegaon blast held - Feb 01, 2011
- Terror suspect arrested in Kolkata - Jul 18, 2012
- Terrorist, policeman killed in Pakistan gun-battle - Jan 28, 2012
- IPS officer's killing: CBI gets driver's custody - Mar 20, 2012
- Powerful grenade found in Manipur secretariat - Sep 12, 2012
- Minor raped in bus in Madhya Pradesh - Nov 30, 2009
- CBI begins probing IPS officer's killing - Mar 15, 2012
- Properties of Madhya Pradesh officials raided - Jan 17, 2012
- IPS officer killing: Congress calls shutdown Tuesday - Mar 09, 2012
- Eight bonded labourers freed in Madhya Pradesh - May 12, 2010