Police nab criminal who fled custodyJanuary 10th, 2012 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Jan 10 (IANS) The Ghaziabad police have arrested a wanted criminal who had escaped from police custody when he was brought to attend a court hearing about two month ago. The police nabbed him when he was travelling in an Esteem car with his wife and a friend.
The Ghaziabad Senior Superintendent of Police, Raghuvir Lal said the Kavinagar police Monday night nabbed three criminals from near the Columbia Asia hospital.
During general checking, the police suspected the car passengers to be criminals when they could not get satisfactory replies to their questioning. The police took them to the police station where the criminals revealed their identity as Vicky alias Vikram a resident of Sanjay Nagar, Mansi, the wife of Vicky, and Vicky’s friend Sunny.
After being convinced that the nabbed criminal was Vicky, who carried a reward of Rs.15,000 on his head, the police formally arrested him. During extensive search, the police also recovered gold ornaments worth over Rs.50 lakh and cash of Rs.100,000 and a car from their possession.
The police said during interrogation Vicky revealed that after escaping from police custody he and his accomplice Mukesh stole an Indica car, and went to Jaipur, Lucknow and other places. They committed thefts, amassed a large amount of jewellery and invested it in Mumbai.
They returned from Mumbai and committed thefts in Delhi and other towns of the National Capital Region. On Monday night, they were planning to go to Nainital for which they informed a man in Sanjay Nagar to send a voter identity card near Columbia Asian Hospital, and were waiting for him there. In the meantime, the police stopped the car for questioning and arrested him and his aides.
- Notorious criminals arrested in Ghaziabad - Jun 17, 2012
- Accused in Ghaziabad wedding shooting held - Jan 10, 2012
- One cop held with drugs, four suspended in Ghaziabad - Feb 02, 2011
- Businessman shot in Ghaziabad - Feb 03, 2012
- Two constables arrested after prisoners escape - Nov 26, 2011
- MBA student crushed to death - Feb 15, 2012
- Ghaziabad police nab former MLA's killer - Jan 13, 2012
- 'Chacha-Bhatija' vehicle theft ring busted - Feb 04, 2012
- Man involved in 300 car thefts held -- again (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Road rage victim dies after being fed poison - Dec 16, 2010
- Infamous car thief again escapes arrest - Oct 17, 2011
- Ghaziabad constable found stabbed to death - Oct 24, 2011
- Man involved in 300 vehicle thefts held - Jan 16, 2012
- No FIR against criminal contracted to kill Goa minister: Cops - Apr 12, 2011
- Suspended cop held for plot to kill wife - Sep 06, 2011
Tags: accomplice, aides, alias, asian hospital, car passengers, court hearing, criminals, gold ornaments, indica car, interrogation, jewellery, lakh, lal, monday night, police custody, police nab, police station, rs 50, sanjay, vicky