Police looking for a Pakistani in BiharJuly 20th, 2011 - 3:23 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 20 (IANS) Following a countrywide alert after the Mumbai blasts, a search operation has been launched in Bihar to arrest a Pakistani, who is now missing, police said Wednesday.
Mohammad Aminuddin had been living in Bhagalpur district even after the expiry of his visa, and is now untraced, said Senior Superintendent of Police Sanay Singh.
A First Information Report has been lodged against Aminuddin, and a special branch of the state police has asked Bhagalpur police to locate him, Sanay Singh said.
However, Singh ruled out Aminuddin’s involvement in a terrorist activity till now.
Aminuddin originally hails from Bhagalpur, and had been living with his Pakistani wife for nearly 30 years as a Pakistani citizen, police officer Baleshwar Yadav told IANS by telephone.
“He returned to his village here a few years ago and remarried,” he added.
- Bihar cop fires on protesting flood victims, suspended - Aug 26, 2011
- Abducted woman untraced, husband still in hospital - Jul 29, 2012
- US seeks consular access to American held in Pakistan on 'illegal stay' charges - Feb 26, 2011
- Ex Jharkhand minister booked for abduction - Jan 20, 2011
- Two top Maoist leaders offer to donate their bodies - Sep 16, 2011
- Court orders confiscation of former DGP's assets - Feb 01, 2012
- Bihar seeks bail cancellation of 101 criminals - Jul 06, 2012
- Nine French tourists detained in Bihar - Apr 22, 2012
- Nearly 1,300 Pakistanis missing in India - Aug 10, 2011
- Two Tamil Nadu businessmen held captive near Agra? - Jan 13, 2011
- Bihar cracks whip again, sacks corrupt official - Jan 24, 2012
- Power shortage sparks protests in Bihar - Apr 28, 2011
- Missing Assam youth's body found in Bihar - Jul 15, 2012
- Bihar town erupts into protests over power shortage - Apr 23, 2011
- Ranvir Sena chief shot dead; Bihar put on alert (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,