Police hunt former management graduate for IIPM student’s murder (Lead)May 27th, 2009 - 10:42 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 27 (IANS) Five separate teams have been sent to various places to trace a former graduate of the Indian Institute of Planning and Management (IIPM), the main suspect in the murder of a student of the same institute.
“We suspect a former student and resident of Faridabad in the murder of IIPM student Anand Tiwari over a love affair,” a senior police investigating officer told IANS.
“The deceased was close to a girl, who had earlier been close to the suspected person. We strongly believe this to be the reason behind the murder. The former student is absconding and we have formed five teams to trace him,” the officer added.
Tiwari, 22-year-old management student of IIPM, was found dead in the Sanjay Van area of Hauz Khas in south Delhi Tuesday.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (south Delhi) H.G.S Dhaliwal said: “Prima facie, it seems that it was a planned murder and personal enmity could be the reason behind it. Tiwari was called to the spot and he came here on his own. Sanjay Van is a deserted place.
“We are confident of cracking the case within two to three days,” Dhaliwal told reporters here.
According to Dhaliwal, the police have a fair idea of how the murder was committed and are trying to establish the sequence of events that led to Tiwari’s death.
Ruling out robbery as the motive, Dhaliwal said: “Tiwari’s personal belongings like mobile phone, wallet and motorcycle were intact and murder was not done for any financial gains.”
Tiwari’s viscera has been sent to the forensic lab and the report is awaited.
“We are looking at all possible angles. We have questioned many of his friends and once we have conclusive evidence, we will arrest the culprits,” said Dhaliwal.
The police have formed five teams to investigate the case and three to four people have been questioned, he added.
Tiwari, who hails from Kolkata, was staying with his friends in a flat in Katwaria Sarai.
Expressing grief over Tiwari’s death, Prasoon Majumdar, dean of IIPM, said: “He was an above average student and was regular in college. We want the guilty to be punished and IIPM has nothing to do with the incident as it happened outside the college campus.”
- Personal enmity led to B-school student's murder: Police - May 27, 2009
- Woman arrested for killing mother-in-law - Aug 10, 2010
- Delhi college girl's murder: Police want help from witnesses - Mar 10, 2011
- Girl shot dead outside Delhi college, stalker suspected (Second Lead) - Mar 08, 2011
- Main accused in Radhika murder case arrested - Mar 12, 2011
- Delhi girl's murder: Suspect's sketch released - Mar 09, 2011
- Radhika Tanwar murder: Delhi Police releases sketch of suspect - Mar 09, 2011
- Farmer leader Tewatia arrested in Delhi after chase (Lead) - Jul 09, 2011
- Two held, one surrenders in Delhi's BPO rape case (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Delhi girl's murder: Suspect's sketch out, police rue non-cooperation (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Radhika murder: Breakthrough after questioning hundreds - Mar 11, 2011
- Talwars' house block turns into a fortress - Dec 30, 2010
- Management graduate held for 'lover triangle' murder - Jun 09, 2009
- Delhi girl's murder: Where are the witnesses, police ask (Lead) - Mar 10, 2011
- Girl shot dead outside Delhi college (Lead) - Mar 08, 2011