Police hope to crack Reliance HR manager murder caseOctober 17th, 2008 - 8:25 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 17 (IANS) Navi Mumbai police hope for a breakthrough soon in the murder of a woman employee of Reliance Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City (DAKC), who was stabbed to death by unidentified men Thursday evening, a high ranking police official said.”We have set up a special team and we are optimistic of nabbing the culprits very soon,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (Zone-I) R.D. Shinde, who is heading the investigations, told IANS Friday evening.
Shinde said that the police have zeroed in on at least two suspects, probably known to the victim and the investigations are focussed on this angle, but declined to comment further.
Anandita Goswami-Mishra, 33, working as assistant human resources manager with the DAKC, was repeatedly stabbed outside the Koparkhairne railway station Thursday night.
At the time, she was waiting to catch a train to return home to Ghansoli suburb on the Central Railway’s Harbour Line network.
Police, quoting eyewitnesses, said that she was accosted by at least one more unknown person, who stabbed her four times in the back and abdomen.
Profusely bleeding, she succumbed to the stab injuries soon thereafter. Police said that the incident occurred shortly after 8 p.m. since her wristwatch had stopped at 8.05 p.m.
The murder has sent shock waves in Navi Mumbai, since it happened in the vicinity of a busy railway station during peak hours when thousands of commuters are usually around.
Anandita lived in Ghansoli with her mother Poornima Goswami and a four-year old daughter Ahana. She had been working with DAKC for more than two years and was promoted sometime ago as assistant manager for human resources.
When contacted, a spokesperson for the DAKC declined to comment on the matter, on grounds that police are investigating the matter.
- Jilted colleague had planned Reliance employee's murder: police (Lead) - Oct 23, 2008
- Ex-colleague confesses to killing Reliance executive - Oct 23, 2008
- Murdered IT worker's daughter in hospital, pines for mother - Feb 12, 2009
- Reliance woman employee stabbed to death in Mumbai suburb - Oct 17, 2008
- Four labourers killed in lift crash - Sep 26, 2010
- Three held for elderly man's murder - Apr 10, 2012
- Delhi student's murder: Friends being questioned - May 07, 2011
- 42 Maharashtra personnel to be honoured on Republic Day - Jan 25, 2011
- Bihar Police arrest journalist in BJP MLA murder case - Jan 06, 2011
- Police nabs youth who threw acid on girl's face - Feb 01, 2012
- Three of family murdered in Haryana's Sonipat - Apr 20, 2012
- Palande, three others charge-sheeted in Tikku murder case - Jul 06, 2012
- Tikku killer accused of other murders along with wife - Apr 18, 2012
- Movie Review: Rokkk (2010) - Mar 08, 2010
- Deshmukh, Shinde being probed for Adarsh scam, says CBI - Jun 05, 2012