Police foil suicide bid of aspiring doctor in DelhiJanuary 8th, 2009 - 11:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 8 (IANS) Promptly reacting to a distress call, Delhi Police personnel Thursday saved the life of an an aspiring doctor, who had attempted suicide, by breaking open the door of his hostel room in south Delhi and cutting the rope from which he was hanging.The officials of Police Control Room (PCR) van acted swiftly on the phone call of manager of Vinayak students hostel in Yusuf Sarai area of the capital in the afternoon.
The police were informed that Mukesh Tiwari was not opening his hostel room despite several calls. A team of police led by sub-inspector Sanjay Sharma reached the hostel within minutes and broke open the door.
“When we entered the room, Tiwari was hanging from the ceiling with a plastic rope. We immediately cut the rope and found that he was still breathing,” Sharma said.
The team rushed him to the Trauma Centre of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) and took all possible measures to save his life.
“We pressed his chest and hands and it worked,” Sharma added.
Tiwari was put on oxygen in the hospital and his condition was stated to be out of danger.
The police said Tiwari hails from Bihar and was taking coaching classes from Aakash Institute to clear the entrance exams. He had made two attempts earlier but failed to get through.
“It seems that he was under depression. We have informed his father who works in Bihar’s irrigation department. We appreciate the role of hostel manager, whose timely call saved the boy’s life,” said sub-inspector Sharma.
- UP policeman sent to jail for sodomy - Aug 29, 2012
- IIT Kanpur student commits suicide - Sep 23, 2011
- Bihar gets its first all-women police station - Jan 23, 2012
- 'Policemen' try to abduct businessman in Delhi - Oct 14, 2009
- Kolkata police officer commits suicide - Aug 25, 2012
- 42 Maharashtra personnel to be honoured on Republic Day - Jan 25, 2011
- Rape accused Uttar Pradesh cop arrested - Jul 13, 2012
- Maharashtra cops questioned on terror suspect's remand (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Cop arrested for murdering subordinate - Jan 11, 2011
- Nine Bangladeshi inmates flee juvenile home in Bengal - Feb 11, 2012
- Cop shoots colleague dead inside police station - Jul 21, 2011
- Goa police officer booked for dowry harassment - Mar 24, 2012
- Man hangs himself after parents select bride - Apr 14, 2011
- Tipsy cop kills girl in celebratory firing - Jun 28, 2012
- Medical student commits suicide - Jul 02, 2011