Police find no clues to Rs.2.5 mn robbery in AgraJune 16th, 2009 - 2:04 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, June 16 (IANS) A day after Rs.2.5 million were looted by three men from a petrol station owner, who was shot in the leg for resisting the robbery, police here said Tuesday that they were clueless about who had committed the crime.
Captain (retired) Ram Singh was robbed Monday morning while he was about to enter the Transport Nagar branch of the State Bank of India (SBI) to deposit the money collected from his petrol pump station in Lawyer’s Colony.
When he tried to resist, the armed men shot him in his right leg and decamped with the cash in the victim’s Honda City car. The vehicle was found abandoned in Khandari area an hour later.
Police officials said that they had not been able to gather any important clues despite using sniffer dogs but several teams of investigators had been rushed to suspected dens of criminals who could have had a hand in the robbery.
“The criminals were well prepared. They followed Ram Singh in a blue Santro. They knew that the security guards at the bank had not yet arrived and the police patrol in the area was about to change guard,” said an official.
In the past one month, three petrol pumps have been targeted by robbers. The Petrol Dealers’ Association has called for a meeting later Tuesday to chalk out a strategy for joint action.
- Shot at, security guard catches robber - Jul 03, 2012
- Rs.34 lakh looted in Greater Noida (Lead) - Mar 02, 2010
- Two bank robbers killed in Jharkhand gun battle - Feb 10, 2011
- Man robbed at Noida mall, two hurt in shootout - Aug 06, 2012
- Professor critically wounded in Ghaziabad - Aug 21, 2012
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Pakistan bank looted in barely 55 seconds - May 12, 2011
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Dumb thieves forgot to put petrol in car! - Nov 22, 2011
- Software executive shot dead - Nov 22, 2010
- Armed robbers loot Rs.20 lakh from Mumbai bank (Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- Masked men shoot bank cashier, loot Rs.1 million - Mar 28, 2012
- Another train robbery in Bihar - Aug 21, 2010
- Muthoot robbery solved, six arrested (Lead) - Dec 02, 2010
- Rs.60 mn looted from Karachi banks - Jan 01, 2012