Police file report against Prashant BhushanSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 4:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 3 (IANS) The Delhi Police Monday filed a report in a complaint against lawyer and erstwhile Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan for an allegedly seditious speech on Kashmir saying that they will follow the court’s direction.
The police filed the report before Metropolitan Magistrate Purshotam Pathak and said that the alleged speech by Bhushan was given in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh.
“The police is ready and willing to abide by any direction which the court may choose to pass in the matter,” said a police officer.
The court was hearing a private complaint filed by a law student, Vibhor Anand, who is seeking directions from the court to register a case of sedition against Prashant Bhushan for his remarks on Kashmir made Sep 26, 2011.
The complainant said Bhushan made the comments with “a malafide intention and sole motive to create panic among the masses and to disturb the constitutional set-up”.
Anand added that Bhushan made provocative statements, which were anti-national, mischievous and clearly intended to cause public disorder and uproar in Kashmir and other parts of the nation.
The law student, who runs an NGO providing legal aid to people, has also filed a case against erstwhile Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal and yoga guru Baba Ramdev for making objectionable speeches aimed at lowering the reputation of parliament.
The court has fixed the matter for Oct 15 for further consideration.
- Court seeks police report on action against Prashant Bhushan - Jun 08, 2012
- Case against Ramdev: Court asks police to file reply (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Court seeks police reply on plea against Kejriwal - Mar 17, 2012
- Case against Ramdev: Court asks police to file reply - May 22, 2012
- 'Was warned to withdraw complaint against Kejriwal' - Apr 11, 2012
- Court order on plea against Kejriwal June 27 (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Can't act against Ramdev for Chhattisgarh speech: Delhi Police - Jun 22, 2012
- Ram Dev wants Prashant Bhushan to be booked for sedition - Oct 17, 2011
- Prashant Bhushan sticks to stand on Kashmir plebiscite - Oct 13, 2011
- Pranab slams Team Anna, says allegations 'unfair' - Jun 18, 2012
- Team Anna's allegations unfair, motivated: Pranab (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Probe Shanti Bhushan CD case properly, court tells police (Second Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Probe Shanti Bhushan CD case properly, court tells police (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012
- Court doesn't accept closure report in Shanti Bhushan CD row - Jan 25, 2012
- CD controversy rages, Bhushans to move apex court (Roundup) - Apr 18, 2011
Tags: anand, arvind kejriwal, bhushan, complainant, delhi police, kashmir, legal aid, magistrate, ngo, pathak, police officer, prashant, provocative statements, ramdev, sedition, seditious speech, sole motive, uproar, uttar pradesh, yoga guru