Police file case in JNU sex clip scandal (Lead)February 24th, 2011 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 24 (IANS) Over two weeks after the prestigious Jawaharlal Nehru University was rocked by the emergence of a video clip showing two of its students in a compromising position, the Delhi Police Thursday lodged a first information report (FIR) in the case. “An FIR has been lodged against unknown people and we have started investigations,” Joint Commissioner of Police Amulya Patnaik told IANS.
The varsity expelled two male students and rusticated another for their involvement in the case Feb 13 after an internal inquiry.
“The university’s probe report and a complaint was forwarded to the Delhi Police, on which the FIR was registered today against unknown people,” Deputy Commissioner of Police H.G.S. Dhaliwal told IANS.
The expulsion and rustication were part of the recommendations of the inquiry conducted by Chief Proctor H.B. Bohidar into the making and distribution of the clip which was shot last year in April in Tapti hostel.
One of the expelled boys figured in the tape, while the other has been held responsible for duplication of its contents, the report said.
“The third boy has been rusticated for providing the room to the girl and the boy. However, he was reportedly unaware of the filming of the video,” added the report.
The girl was unaware of being filmed, the report said.
JNU authorities were also not satisfied by the response given by two boys to the show-cause notices served to them, while the boy who featured in the clip did not reply to the notice.
The featured couple were students of the School of Languages, while the boy who allegedly shot the video is a student of computer applications, the official said. The girl left the university last year, the official said.
- JNU video clip: Internal enquiry first, police complaint later (Lead) - Feb 08, 2011
- Police file case in JNU sex clip scandal - Feb 24, 2011
- Police yet to register report in JNU sex scandal - Feb 08, 2011
- JNU MMS accused arrested from Bihar - May 22, 2011
- Two teachers booked for raping students - Aug 16, 2012
- JNU rusticates nine students for ragging - Aug 19, 2009
- AMU lodges FIR against 27 for using unfair means - Jul 14, 2012
- JNU students ragged, accused removed from hostel - Aug 13, 2009
- Police register case against four in JNU ragging case - Aug 14, 2009
- Obsessed youth held for raping minor - Mar 23, 2011
- No beef, pork festival: High court tells JNU - Sep 19, 2012
- Four students arrested for ragging in Varanasi - Sep 15, 2009
- BJP condemns 'celebrations' over Maoist massacre - Apr 10, 2010
- Police case in Goa over video clip on northeast people - Aug 18, 2012
- Notice to village head in Mahi's death in borewell - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: commissioner of police, computer applications, delhi police, deputy commissioner, dhaliwal, emergence, expulsion, fir, hostel, information report, internal inquiry, jawaharlal nehru, jawaharlal nehru university, male students, New Delhi, proctor, school of languages, sex clip, two boys, varsity